GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://money.cnn.com/

Currently on the home page of money.cnn.com they have a poll going about what kind of car would you buy.

Quick Vote
What kind of car would you buy today?
a. One made by the Big 3
b. An import
c. Doesn't matter; I buy solely on price

Not looking good for the domestics so far.

a. 27%
b. 51%
c. 22%

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
If I were buying a car today, Malibu or CTS. When they checked my credit and told me to come back tomorrow, I'd end up taking home a used Cobalt or Aveo.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
If I were buying a car today, Malibu or CTS.
Ditto. I don't really see anything in the market better than those two, that is unless, of course, I want to get 30+ MPG or 0-60 in less than 5 seconds.:D

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
I'm going to be buying either GM or Ford (Malibu or Fusion).......(although I gotta wait till we get this rolling hulk of mine to the junkyard first!)

·
Banned
8,969 Posts
Pretty interesting- that's just about right for current market share, isn't it? It's going to take something like the Volt to get people to convert. Hopefully the Cruze and Fiesta will get kids interested in the US brands again.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
If I bought today, I would by a used car - a Mazda 3 or Focus SVT; maybe a Civic if it weren't so overpriced.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
1st choice would be a Mini Cooper but if that ended up not being in the budget, I'd go straight to Kia for a Rio5.

So ya, I'd choose B. Sorry Ricky-Bobby. :sad:

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
If I had to buy now, probably B, an import.

Although, if money were no object and I didn't have to worry about resale, I'd probably buy American - a CTS.

·
Super Moderator
20,962 Posts
Hmm...tough choice for me there.

Support my dad's former employer...or support companies that don't do jack**** for me.

Domestic all the way.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
None of the above? I buy what I want and can afford. I don't buy solely on price or country of origin.

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
None of the above? I buy what I want and can afford. I don't buy solely on price or country of origin.
how none of the above? any car you buy is either a domestic or an import

uhhhh, my g/f wants a cobalt, so our next car will probably be that, so i pick a since i already have a truck and she has nothing.

but if it were for me and money was no object cts-v or zr-1. being realistic, g8 gt (if it had to be today and i couldnt hold out for the camaro).

and if money was REALLY no option, and i could have ANY car, it would have a to be an old plymouth superbird in lime green. pure awesomeness.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
1st choice would be a Mini Cooper but if that ended up not being in the budget, I'd go straight to Kia for a Rio5.

So ya, I'd choose B. Sorry Ricky-Bobby. :sad:
I agree...my next car would probably be a Mini....one of the few cars decently priced with a ton of features(volvo C30 is a little too expensive) or I even like the Smart car....unfortunatly here in America were just now getting into premium sub compacts (which I prefer) so there arn't that many choices...

I like the Versa, but you can only get the fully loaded one with CVT

I guess I'll have to wait and hope Ford doesn't water down its offerings once it make it here.... a nicely loaded Fiesta with the Sync feature would be great!

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Where's "D.". I don't base purchases only on certain manufacturers, or whether is "Big 3" or import, hell, not even "lowest price".

What ever I buy has to:
- fit my needs.
- be liked by my wife. Married guys know wtf I'm talking about.
- offer good value....but that doesn't mean it's necessarily inexpensive or cheap.

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
wtf there's no option for "i will buy the best vehicle for my needs regardless of brand or country of origin?"

1 - 20 of 33 Posts