1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
That's a pretty good review from a joint known to favor "gizmos" over performance.

I mentioned the Cobalt SS to my wife, and she damn near slapped me......she said it's stupid looking and it looks like a Cavalier. She's insane...I'd rather have a Cobalt SS sedan over my Camry any day. But then there's that whole car payment thing.......

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a pretty good review from a joint known to favor "gizmos" over performance.

I mentioned the Cobalt SS to my wife, and she damn near slapped me......she said it's stupid looking and it looks like a Cavalier. She's insane...I'd rather have a Cobalt SS sedan over my Camry any day. But then there's that whole car payment thing.......
she's a hater.

·
Registered
372 Posts
.......Sigh

Sometimes Females just don't understand.

And sometiimes, they are their own worst enemy.

Ask them this question.

When you met me, if I told you I drove a Camry, would it have made you horny or made you think I was a pencil pushing loser?

Now, if I told you I drove an SS, even if it was a compact car.

Theres a reason that women like to ride on the back of Harley's, and it ain't the crash test ratings, the number of cupholders, or the fuel economy.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
.......Sigh

Sometimes Females just don't understand.

And sometiimes, they are their own worst enemy.

Ask them this question.

When you met me, if I told you I drove a Camry, would it have made you horny or made you think I was a pencil pushing loser?

Now, if I told you I drove an SS, even if it was a compact car.

Theres a reason that women like to ride on the back of Harley's, and it ain't the crash test ratings, the number of cupholders, or the fuel economy.

Women don't like to ride on the back of Harley's.....trust me on that one.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
she's a hater.
I guess she just knows what she likes....she made me look at a car at the gas station yesterday. It was a C6 Z06! ;)

I was telling how much a ZR1 costs, and high it was...but she didn't seem too hung up on the price of the Z06. She's weird! lol

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1989 Merkur Scorpio
11,318 Posts
Fortunately my wife gets these things.
She finds the V6 STS and V6 G8 to be unacceptable (the V8's are great, of course) and the Camry to be a total waste of metal, glass and rubber.
Women don't like to ride on the back of Harley's.....trust me on that one.
Definitely... they want the cheap ass to get them their own bike!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Then all the one's I've seen must have been forced onto the back by extremely well concealed gunpoint.
Or they don't know how to ride.....My mom and 2 of her best friends ride Harley's. Ask them to sit on the back, and they'll laugh at you.

Anyway....back to the original topic.....Sounds as if they liked it, but want Navigation, Blue Tooth, and a Coffee maker to be offered as well.:cool:

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Fortunately my wife gets these things.

She finds the V6 STS and V6 G8 to be unacceptable (the V8's are great, of course) and the Camry to be a total waste of metal, glass and rubber.
Uhm...what things does she get? What does she think of the Cobalt SS?

Anyway....back to the original topic.....Sounds as if they liked it, but want Navigation, Blue Tooth, and a Coffee maker to be offered as well.:cool:
I think it's reasonable to want Nav....but at least GM does offer OnStar. I prefer real Nav too....but this car is a real damn good value.

It's funny to me CNet praised the subwoofer and sound system quality. I had driven a G5 with the same setup, and I wasn't impressed. If I bought a Coblat SS, I would put in a nice aftermarket Nav, and redo the whole stereo system to include a proper subwoofer (or 2).

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
Uhm...what things does she get? What does she think of the Cobalt SS?
She's driving one today... an '06 SS 2.4. She has no interest in base Cobalts.
If we were buying a Cobalt today it would be an automatic turbo SS.

We saw the gas thing coming last year and she decided she wanted small, fast, economical and cheap... and she has no interest in shifting.
For $13.7K the Cobalt SS 2.4 was an easy pick.

But she says once she retires and doesn't drive as much she's going back to a big, powerful sedan like the V8 Caddy we traded in on the Cobalt.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
How CNET likes the Cobalt SS at $24K and hates the G8 GT at $30K is beyond me. A USB drive feature is really that compelling? Wow. Lame.
I think they tested the V8 G8 when gas prices were about at their peak. That is probably the biggest reason....and the USB drive like you mentioned. lol

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
She's driving one today... an '06 SS 2.4. She has no interest in base Cobalts.
If we were buying a Cobalt today it would be an automatic turbo SS.

We saw the gas thing coming last year and she decided she wanted small, fast, economical and cheap... and she has no interest in shifting.
For $13.7K the Cobalt SS 2.4 was an easy pick.

But she says once she retires and doesn't drive as much she's going back to a big, powerful sedan like the V8 Caddy we traded in on the Cobalt.
Is there such a thing as an automatic turbo Cobalt SS sedan ?? Or have I missed something ?? That would be a real candidate to replace my '08 Jetta 2.0T Wolfsberg Edition made in Mexico !!
Or else I'll have to wait for a Cruze SS .... now being put back to the next election date.

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
Is there such a thing as an automatic turbo Cobalt SS sedan ?? Or have I missed something ?? That would be a real candidate to replace my '08 Jetta 2.0T Wolfsberg Edition made in Mexico !!
Or else I'll have to wait for a Cruze SS .... now being put back to the next election date.
I believe there is an automatic, but it has 230hp, not 260hp.
Then again, I guess not, which is odd. I know you can get an HHR SS with it because I've seen one.

·
Registered
35 Posts
While some insist on having a nav system option in this car, how many would actually pay for it? Options add weight and cost money. I could easily do without such an extra, just as I have in every other car I've owned. This Cobalt SS sounds like a pretty nice vehicle for the price.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I'd say they liked it. I know I'm impressed with the SS.

Anybody notice the camera guy or director in the reflection of the door jump out of the way close to the end of the video when he pulled up? Funny stuff.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I don't get the big deal with nav systems, what ever happened to taking out a map and finding your own way before you leave? If people always rely on technology how the heck are they gona get around if they don't have Nav? Same with kids having they're eyes glued to a DVD screen instead of out the window, they wont know how to get around if ever they get lost! Oh I have an Idea! get them a personal GPS!

Car = get from point A to B (while using your own brain), economical because your car doesn't have all sorts of techno crap like nav, back up censors/camera and park assist which adds wait. Just have some good tuns and performance, and your good to go :)

The Cobalt SS is looking great, love the wheels, and 260hp! Ouff! Definitely a car I would consider, and probably buy if in the market and not have an X-11 :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts