GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was so amazed. I haven't agreed with anything the media has said about the US auto industry in so long. I have a lot more respect for that Maria Bartiromo lady. She seems to actually do research about what she talking about. Everyone else on this network immediately jumps on the "Well maybe if they didn't only make gas guzzlers" bandwagon.

I don't know. I just thought this was very refreshing to watch.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
This has got to be the most fair review of the auto industry that I've seen. Maybe the news media will start to get the message that if we continue to crush the American automotive industry, we will no longer have one.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Yes, I watched this yesterday and I was glad to see at least someone in support of the domestic auto industry. The comments about tax incentives for developing new technology and protecting domestic auto companies from downside risks involving factors beyond their control are absolutely spot on.

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
Good clip. Definatley worth it to watch.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
It was a good clip and worth watching for a change.

Kind of off topic, and to bring in politics too much but this $300 million dollar idea though a good one is lacking. Why I think that is because it is a prize for "anyone who makes it". If the tax payers are going to pay that much for a company that pulls through, we should be paying only a domestic company to do it. Why send that much money out to a company outside the US to do with that money and technology as they please. Help the domestic companies and engineers out here.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
It was a good clip and worth watching for a change.

Kind of off topic, and to bring in politics too much but this $300 million dollar idea though a good one is lacking. Why I think that is because it is a prize for "anyone who makes it". If the tax payers are going to pay that much for a company that pulls through, we should be paying only a domestic company to do it. Why send that much money out to a company outside the US to do with that money and technology as they please. Help the domestic companies and engineers out here.
Not only that, but whoever is successful will likely not need the $300M, they will own a good chunk of the market. I think it would be better to give some tax breaks to companies who spend their own money on developing batteries.

·
Premium Member
12,557 Posts
The answer to all our problems is not the Volt, or the Prius, or some giant hybrid SUV, or fancy battery technology, the answer is this:

·
Banned
1,083 Posts
General Motors currently has the most envious vehicle lineup right now. The only solution would be to let market pressure allow these fuel-efficient cars to be brought to market. If that means matching Japan dollar-for yen, so be it.
The only impediment right now is Consumer Reports, and what this YouTube video is saying is what I have been saying all along, only the reporter doen't mention CR by name.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts