GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I lock my clutch cable on a 96 Geo tracker into place. I can adjust the shift point so that it shifts fine but after a while and a lot of use it goes back out of adjustment. Its annoying to adjust as I have to get under the tracker to do the adjustment. Can I tighten it and put locktight on it or something?

·
Banned
158 Posts
How can I lock my clutch cable on a 96 Geo tracker into place. I can adjust the shift point so that it shifts fine but after a while and a lot of use it goes back out of adjustment. Its annoying to adjust as I have to get under the tracker to do the adjustment. Can I tighten it and put locktight on it or something?
clutch pedal weld is most likely breaking and you will lose your clutch completely soon

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
clutch pedal weld is most likely breaking and you will lose your clutch completely soon
Replaced that 2 years ago. I have also disconnected the clutch position sensor because the plate that hits it has shifted. I tighten the cable and it unscrews its self.

·
Banned
158 Posts
Replaced that 2 years ago. I have also disconnected the clutch position sensor because the plate that hits it has shifted. I tighten the cable and it unscrews its self.
No such thing as a clutch postion sensor on that vehicle,is a safety switch so it wont start with clutch engaged and just because you replaced it two years ago means nothing.The reason its likely to break is a combination of cable dragging on inside of its sheath and worn pressure plate/input bearing retainer worn or dry.You probably need a cable and pedal and need to pull trans to check clutch,its not unscrewing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts