GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm amazed at how little information on upcoming products is provided on GM's canadian website. not a mention of the upcoming G6, cobalt, pursuit, lacrosse, and SV6, to name a few. the american site provides some decent pics and useful info on most of these. under 'concepts' there are a few pics and a quick write up on cars like the nomad and curve, and a bit on the G6 concept, but nothing on the vehicles on their way very shortly.

any thoughts on why GM does this? i'd think building interest would be a better idea than having a last-minute surprise ("oh yeah... G6 for sale today"). even to provide, like the american site, a brief overview of the vehicles in the pipeline, and perhaps a simple timeline showing when they're expected at dealerships. guess that's why there are sites like GMi... but i find it a glaring shortcoming of the GM website.

this could truly help someone contemplating a new vehicle. i'd like to get into something new next spring, but am not sure when the cars i'd be interested in (ecotec G6, pursuit, cobalt) will be available. wouldn't want me giving up and landing in a maxda3 now would you GM?!?

GM Canada website

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Good point, I noticed the same thing but never bothered to ask GM Canada directly. It is almost as though GM Canada web approach is 'oh well people might go to the site but having too much future product information would be bad'
Hopefully someone at GM Canada can look at the US sites or even Holden or Opel.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
We always have more future product info than the brand web sites.

They are afraid that the prospect of a G6 or SV6 will lead to people waiting, and the lots filling up with unwanted Grand Ams and Montanas, I guess. Unless tempted by some SERIOUS rebates, I wouldn't plop down 30 grand on a Montana, knowing the SV6 is on the way with an improved engine, and the G6 blows the Grand Am out of the water.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts