GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally I've finished up the final version of the firebird concepts, also did the rear end. I was planning it for a long time just never got to it.
http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/showthread.php?p=741079#post741079
here are some GTO concepts of mine as well, and in the link in this link :D you can find the old concepts.

hope you like the updated ones!

Pontiac Firebird Formula 400

Pontiac Firebird TRANS-AM 6.7 L

Pontiac Firebird T/A SE "BANDIT"

whattayathink? i'd like to send this to GM, but how, anyone got an email adress that works and will get to the right person?

dont know if they'd do anything with it but lets hope so

engines could be:

6.0 L GEN 4 LS2 V8 from the 2006 GTO with 400BHP & 400LB-FT torque

5.3 L LS4 V8 from the 2006 GRAND PRIX with 303 BHP & 323 lb-ft torque

3.8L V6 SERIES 3 SUPERCHARGED with 260 bhp and 280 lb-ft of torque from G6 GTP

for the TRANS-AM either a Pontiac Engine,
or the brand new Chevrolet 7.0 L LS7 V8 with 540 BHP & 510 lb-ft torque from Corvette Z06

that would be great i think!

so, what do you think? does this baby beat the new camaro?

·
Registered
386 Posts
eenie meenie mineie moe...Rockford Files, Bandit, or the T/A...hmmmm...which one do I want!? Cool.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I can safely say that if GM makes this car, I will be at my local Pontiac dealer picking out a Bandit TA. Screw the Camaro, I want THAT!

By the way, I liked the quad headlight look on your first Bandit TA better than the current single headlight setup. This is the kick in the ass that Pontiac needs.

I hope you don't mind me borrowing one of your pictures to use as my avatar. I've used a couple of other ones and I've gotten many emails saying how awesome they are and where they can find bigger pics.

·
Registered
727 Posts
very very nice.excellent job.

·
Banned
8,969 Posts
Great job man. I do like the gold and silver car, but the old black and gold theme is a little too retro IMO. Great idea, will be interesting to see if GM green lights it....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the bandit version was just for fun, no serious work there, while photoshopping why not try, right? wasnt aiming anything with the bandit,

but im glad the rear end turned out right. took some time figuring out what would look best, but I think I've found it.

now how to send it to GM and Pontiac? I would not have a clue how!

I am surely hoping one of the m is checking this out

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
redstuff said:
eenie meenie mineie moe...Rockford Files, Bandit, or the T/A...hmmmm...which one do I want!? Cool.
:lmao:

These are great though, seriously.....

·
Banned
138 Posts
to be honest. i think that if they should do a retro trans am, they should do it to the 77 trans am bandit. cause its the most popular and had the most built compared to all the previous years. that or the 79. but id like the 77 best. my opinion so dont crucify me on this. if they do that design i wouldnt mind but id definetly by a camaro over it. i like the 77 design layout better

·
Registered
375 Posts
It's nice to see your interpretations of the mid-seventies. But the upswing side windows are more Avanti than Firebird. It would be interesting to see the same interpretations with sharp body lines and just subtle hints of the seventies.

·
Registered
8 Posts
yes great job man.. love the rear end thats pretty much what i was going to do with my photoshop but since u already did i dont have too...lol ill just imagin the rear end of your trans am on the photoshop i did of mine...but yes you did a great job just try to make your edges and corners a little smoother... the objective is to make people think its real not photoshoped...
and if ya havnt seen yet heres my version tell me what ya think...

p.s the problem with photoshopers is we all think our version is better:lmao:
but its cool everyone has their own opinion!!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
yes great job man.. love the rear end thats pretty much what i was going to do with my photoshop but since u already did i dont have too...lol ill just imagin the rear end of your trans am on the photoshop i did of mine...but yes you did a great job just try to make your edges and corners a little smoother... the objective is to make people think its real not photoshoped...
and if ya havnt seen yet heres my version tell me what ya think...

p.s the problem with photoshopers is we all think our version is better:lmao:
but its cool everyone has their own opinion!!
I like your version very much!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Great effort overall on your part with the design and blending of shapes. GM however will not build a NEW Firebird/TA/Bandit/Firehawk period. Its said and done and there will not be a 5th gen. bird.

I'd send it to GM anyway just for the heck of it and who knows maybe they'll draw off your ideas and change their minds. This along with how well the new
5th gen. Camaro sells.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Nice job. But sorry to say, honestly, I don't really like it. It looks too much like Camaro in an overall shape. I know I maybe the only one, but I just HATE Camaro, or any Chevy's for that matter, and I want the Firebird to look completely different, as in, completely different ANIMAL.

Sorry. I like the one they have here more:

If they can release this car, then, Pontiac can certainly resurrect from the bad products they have right now, now they killed Grand Prix, which was one of the very few, last remaining NORTH AMERICAN breed.

·
Registered
375 Posts
General Motors has a special process to submit information and ideas from consumers. Log on to one of the many General Motors sites and you can link to a consumer input division.

Good luck!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts