GM Inside News Forum banner

which wagon

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So there has been a lot of wagon action lately (not to mention massive blindspot action) so I thought it was time to put it out there:

Assume parity in price though we know that wouldn't be the case.
Calais V Sportwagon. 6.0V8 6A with all the trimmings. :dro:

VE Sportswagon Gallery

Cadillac CTS 3.6DI 6A

Couldn't find an interior shot of CTS wagon either, so feel free to add :)

CTS Sportswagon Gallery

I'm living in false hope that this wont turn into a NA vs Oz bitch fight, but I'm that kind of optimist.:D

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I concur. The Holden wins hands down in the styling category.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Why in the world are the back pillars so massive? And worse yet, there's very little usable back window. It appear there's ~6 inches (left and right) of blacked-out glass for no apparent reason.

p.s. I voted Cadillac! ;)

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Commodore wins hands down. The rear of the CTS looks quite good but the front looks like it has been bludgeoned with the ugly stick relentlessly. Both are terrible for rear visibility.

Red Hot Mike

·
Super Moderator
18,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No Insignia?
Whilst I like the design of the Insignia, I was short of time so limited it to RWD only. I would also have like to include the SRX (so either would be "other")just to gauge whether or not a CUV or whatever you want to call them, still has merit when compared to the new-age wagon/hatchbacks...because that is what they really are. Neither of the 2 above have the quality that I like about my own, that is the ability to look over the back when parking, and seeing exactly where the corners of my car are situated. She's a long beast, the old (3Y.O.) VZ, but at least I know where she's pointing. Parking is far easier than you would expect and I suspect, easier than the bing-bing-a-thon you get from parking sensors.

I'd still buy one, but more because of its advantages over an SUV/CUV, such as lower ride height, better handling, economy and performance (but the gap is narrowing).:eek:

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
9-3X Wagon?

CTS Wagon is deffinatly the best looking wagon, even vs the Insigna. Insigna brings a lot more design elements to the table then the Holden boys did. So I would have to rank CTS Wagon, Insigna Sport Tourer, and then Calais Sportwagon V8 in design.
For performance, unless the CTS Wagon gets a V version, and unless the Insigna ST can pull some serious numbers, the Holden platform combined with its vast powertrain will most likely outdo the Insigna. As for the CTS, a V6 vs V6 battle would make it close battle with teh Calais.
Technology, the Calais falls back to the CTS's huge infotainment system as well as the Insigna's.
Overall, the CTS Wagon is the winner in design, performance, and overall equipment.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
"Wagons are for Old People". NOT!

It's not what you drive (in most cases), it's how you drive. A great driver could drive a bread delivery truck like it was a sports sedan, while a poor driver (slow) could drive a Ferrari like it was a bread delivery truck.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
I love station wagons and I like the looks of the CTS but the CTS wagon is done wrong. The flow into the cargo area just don't look right and the thick rear pilar with no glass is wrong. It looks a like a Caddilac hearse that I see at most of the funeral homes.

I'd take an MB C class wagon or a Volvo V50 or V70 over this.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I like my Maxx SS wagon.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Holden Calais or BMW 3-Series for me. While I do find the CTS to be quite nice, the Calais and 3-Series have everything right.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Doesn't the M5 wagon still outsell the M5 4DR in Germany ?? And the CTS looks much more contemporary.........I like them both.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts