GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a concept Chrysler is going to reveal at SEMA.
I found it interestin' so I figured I'd post it.
I think it shows why Chrysler is going in the hole, they don't have any new ideas that are any good :huh:. I give them credit, but if your going to make a different PT change the front end too :blink:.

Link to Story HERE

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
I don't like it. The original PT concept (Pronto) was way cooler than this, and that was from 5 years ago.

That's the problem with Retro designs. They're hard to update.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Hey but 250ho is a good thing :D

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Damn it Chrysler, you gotta kill it before people realize that you HAVE NO ORIGINALITY WHATSOEVER when it comes to changing this design. It looks the same.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
It's not a changed design. It's a new bodystyle. Get a grip, folks. This isn't the only product Chrysler has. They showed a new Chrysler 300C in sedan and wagon versions, the Dodge Magnum, the Chrysler Pacifica, the Dodge Durango, not to mention a few concepts that will lead to production vehicles in the coming years...and that's just this year. Next year, we'll see another dozen new vehicles.

The coupe concept of the PT Cruiser is sharp. It's a fastback version of the PT Cruiser convertible being launched in the next couple of months. The tail slopes off similar to the Chrysler Crossfire or Chrysler Airflite...but I think it's better executed here. This is the first I've seen of this particular rendering but the photograph I saw (a side view) made the car look even better.

This is how a company continues a successful product through its lifecycle. Make significant changes (not just trim levels) and you can extend the vehicle's life for a few years. Otherwise, the market tires of the product and it becomes the Chevrolet Cavalier....Dodge Aries...Ford Crown Vic....

·
Registered
685 Posts
Hey, yet another PT to make fun of. I wonder how quick the Germans can put this company in the ground? Wish they would cut and run; They already left my town.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@Oct 28 2003, 04:35 PM
Too much German, not enough American.

What's next?

this?

Rex, you get the other problem... Chrysler is becoming more of an almost Mercedes instead of its own entity. For example, the Crossfire is hot, but its really a Mercedes with an American face.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts