GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Tribune ran an article in the Business Section regarding Chrysler and Dieter (the division's boss).
The article also mentioned that a waiting line exists for the new 300C (and Dodge Magnum). Again, people (for God knows why are paying over sticker) to get one.
So, does Chrysler have a winner? What's the appeal? The Hemi alone, with the current gas price situation, can't be the sole reason.
Taking into account Ford's continued Mustang popularity, is there a set of principles that these two mfr's are following?

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
I think it's a combination of things:

1) Style (love it or hate it, it's a bold statement)
2) Hemi
3) RWD
4) Price
5) Value

I like it a lot.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Rex, you have pretty much nailed it. I personally really like the Magnum. I do believe the popularity is because it is a full size, rear wheel drive car with a powerful V8- a classic American car design. Which is ironic because Chrysler is now DaimlerChrysler - a German car company.

Ford has the Crown Vic but the design is way outdated. It's not even in the same league as the 300C as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
The local dealer here has a couple Magnums. They want about 43,000 over sticker for the top-line RT. I think I'll wait a while to see A: what GM's gonna do and B: until the price comes down.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
:blink: I hope you're saying they want 10,000 over sticker. Although even that is crazy. They're nice cars but not that nice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts