GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Im pray that a GM Chrysler merger never goes through!!!! I think both companies are just to vulnerable in the current market and that they would ruin a Viable American brand (Chrysler). I think instead of the rumors that Renault might aquire Jeep, if they just hooked Nissan-Renault to Chrysler LLC then all 3 american brands can stay intact.

-The futrure Ram based Titan and maybe Armada could spawn Chrysler to offer a truely fullsized Durango (maybe Nissan drops armada and they use the ram platfrom for the Durango and Aspen). This would mean keep the current sized vehicles that go against Expo and Tahoe and have a streched version.

-There is the Versa based B segment Chrysler or dodge coming

-Chrysler and Nissan each only offer 1-2 hybrid vehicles so they can team up and chrysler could liscence out its hybrid tech from the BMW-GM-Daimler alliance to nissan and renault.

-I know GM wants the minivan platform, but why?! (you left the dying market and have lambdas!!!) Chrysler can give that to Nissan for a new Quest.

-Finally, I think Chrysleas those ties to getrag for a dual clutch transmission, they could show that to Nissan to use something besides CVT, or at least some 6 speeds! On the other hand Nissan has prefected the CVT and everyone that reviews them love the smooth transistion of it, Nissan can give a better cvt to Chrysler for small cars and hybrids.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
I keep saying it but if GM and Chrysler merge in 10 years there might only be one survivor and it will be Ford , why on earth when GM doesnt have enough money to keep the current product s going they plan on getting more baggage and about 1,500 more dealers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts