GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DETROIT (AP) -- DaimlerChrysler AG's Chrysler Group will spend an extra $250 million to promote nine new or redesigned vehicles next year, a product offensive the automaker hopes will reverse slumping sales and declining U.S. market share, Chrysler chief Dieter Zetsche said Monday.
Chrysler used Cobo Arena, site of the annual North American International Auto Show, for the debut of several new products to hit showrooms next year, including a Chrysler Crossfire roadster, a larger Jeep Wrangler and a redesigned Jeep Grand Cherokee.

The smallest of Detroit's Big Three automakers also showed off three concept vehicles, two from Jeep and one from Dodge, that could become production models in coming years.

Analysts and even some dealers have said Chrysler has paid the price in recent years for an aging lineup, while Asian and European companies have pursued business with a variety of new products.

Zetsche acknowledged Monday to a group of automotive journalists that the company has acted defensively in the midst of increasing competition, cutting material costs by 15 percent and improving quality by 30 percent in the past few years.

Full Story HERE

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Nine new/redesigned vehicles? That's all they've got? Damn. Ford has 40 coming out next year. Not sure about GM, but I suspect it's a good bit more than 9. The new Durango looks like the ******* love child of a Ram and a Caravan. It looks absolutely aweful, and Hemi or not, I don't think it's going to go over all that well with the public.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by awalbert88@Nov 20 2003, 02:50 AM
Nine new/redesigned vehicles?  That's all they've got?  Damn.  Ford has 40 coming out next year.  Not sure about GM, but I suspect it's a good bit more than 9.  The new Durango looks like the ******* love child of a Ram and a Caravan.  It looks absolutely aweful, and Hemi or not, I don't think it's going to go over all that well with the public.
BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH 40 NEW CARS!! BAEWHAHAHAHAHHAHHWHEHEHEHAHA

let see.. the new mini van, which isnt really new, just a new design
taurass will still be there
crown vic is still there
mustang gets a retro make over for next model year
only NEW car is the GT40... and with the large amount of thoes being produced, im sure ford will sweet the imports off the map!
Other things under fords empire..
no new volvos
no new land rovers
no new jags
no new lincolns
no new mazdas
I heard of a new Aston.. but not sure?

The rest seem to be all just concepts. I heard soemthing about a ford 500 or soemthing, but havent seen much other then words and concept pictures. 40 new cars is a stretch and half. Ford is tanking big time. The are more worried about HP in there cobra and gt40 to beat vettes and vipers then how the camry is kickin there arse in sedan sales.

And I think the Impalla's sales have increase way past the taurass to right under the camry and accord. GM seems to be making more new cars.
New GP
new Grand Am replacemnet
the GTO
2 mid sized pick ups
Supercharged impalla and monte
the aveo
cobalt
a new series of mini vans for chevy, pontiac, and saturn..and maybe buick?
the H3
the H2 SUT
STS
CTS-V
Corvette
new 9-2 saab off the Impreza
GMC Evoy XUT... shall i go on? Ford is tanking big time and once again the F-150's sales are holding them up. GM is gunna climb back to the top agian im sure of it. with its new sigma lite chassis, im sure there will be plenty of rwd and awd cars to go around.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
A few corrections:

The Ford Taurus still outsells the Chevrolet Impala (268k through October for the Ford vs 231k for the Chevrolet).

Ford doesn't have 40 new vehicles coming out in 2004. Even if you count the 2004 model year AND calendar year (nearly two years), you couldn't reach 40 vehicles.

Ford Freestar
Mercury Monterey
Mercury Mariner
Ford Mustang
Ford GT
Ford F150
Ford Five Hundred
Mercury Montego

You shouldn't add it the following to compare Chrysler to Ford (unless you were to add Mercedes-Benz models for a DaimlerChrysler comparison):

Aston Martin DB9
Jaguar XJ
Jaguar X-Type wagon
Volvo S40
Volvo V50
Volvo C50

And the facelifted:

Ford Focus
Land Rover Freelander
Volvo S80

All told, this is 17 (compared to no less than 14 from DaimlerChrysler). Where are the other 23?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts