GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) -- Car manufacturer Chrysler Group, a division of DaimlerChrysler AG, reported Monday that it will invest $113 million to expand production of minivans with its "stow 'n go" seating and storage system.

Chrysler and Dodge minivans outfitted with the system have space underneath rear seats that can be used for storage, or to fold the seats flat with the floor.

The company said the funds would go to retooling its St. Louis South assembly plant in Fenton, Mo., so that it can build short-wheelbase, long-wheelbase and stow 'n go minivans on the same production line.

"Stow 'n go represents over 70 percent of all 2005 model year orders to date, and is growing," Chrysler's director of family vehicle marketing and product planning, Ann Fandozzi, said in a statement. She added that the production increase will help meet this demand.

Full Story HERE

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Stow and go is cool. Too bad thebodylines and taillights of the DCX minivans look like they were designed 5 years ago.

Well, GM has the little cargo trays that create a "flat load floor" in the CSVs... ;) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
708 Posts
Actually, I think the DCX minivans are very nice looking.
I would get one of those, based on design, before going
with a GM or Ford minivan.

But, in reality, I would not get ANY minivan. :)

·
Registered
922 Posts
The only time I think the GM vans cargo area would show any disadvantage to the competitions fold in the floor seats would be if you wanted to take home a new dishwasher or something. The the cargo tray and seat wuld have to be removed in order to get the extra height. The stow and go is cool but the ones I have used just sound anf feel rickity, I even broke the plastic piece on the side of the seat as I was trying to "stow" it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
:blink: thats nice----------i hope the quality is good because i read the 300c and magmun are going on their fifth service bulletin....................................

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Originally posted by howie2004@Jun 8 2004, 12:15 AM
:blink: thats nice----------i hope the quality is good because i read the 300c and magmun are going on their fifth service bulletin....................................
Are you thinking of the Mercedes 5 speed auto transmission? I heard about it on Allpar.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
The Caravan and Town & Country aren't that bad looking in my opinion, but they are starting to look stale. It seems like they are a dime a dozen.

I'm waiting to see the 2005 Honda Odyssey. I heard it won't have a stow away middle row, but it will have plenty, plenty more. If I had to buy a minivan, this or the Toyota Sienna would be it. I just think these 2 own the segment right now. GM and Ford are still sitting at the bottom, unfortunately.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
U guys sit here and pick at DCX's minivans (oooh the tailights look like their 5 yrs old, they R starting look a little stale), but have U looked in ur own backyards at the snub nosed pigs errm......"CSVs" that the mighty GM has 2 offer lately :blink: ???!!! .

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Originally posted by casket_demon@Jun 8 2004, 02:34 AM
U guys sit here and pick at DCX's minivans (oooh the tailights look like their 5 yrs old, they R starting look a little stale), but have U looked in ur own backyards at the snub nosed pigs errm......"CSVs" that the mighty GM has 2 offer lately :blink: ???!!! .
I don't have to look in my backyard at the GM CSVs. I don't find them attractive at all and a poor attempt to "renew" those vans.

As for the Caravan and T&C starting to look stale, I can say that as my family used to sell those things brand new. The current models all look the same once you have seen all the dark red ones flying around and then several monotone silver ones will show up. The point is that the Caravans used to be offered in a two-tone package that actually dressed up the minivan and made some of them look quite nice and distinct. They even had a nice Voyager LX with a dark charcoal bottom strip that complimented the minivan well in my opinion..

Maybe it is the advertising of getting a minivan with so much $$$$ off that it seems like they are a "dime a dozen".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts