GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chrysler pumps up V-8 Hemi

Automaker works on larger 6.1 liter version to counter powerful engines from GM, Ford

By Brett Clanton / The Detroit News

AUBURN HILLS — Casting aside fears that rising gas prices will steer consumers away from gas-guzzlers, Chrysler is developing an even larger version of its popular V-8 Hemi engine, according to industry analysts and company sources.

The move comes as General Motors Corp., Ford Motor Co. and others are supersizing engines and threatening to outmuscle the current 340-horsepower Hemi, a major marketing and sales success for DaimlerChrysler AG’s Chrysler Group.

“Chrysler has to do something or they’ll be left behind,” said John Wolkonwicz, a market analyst with Global Insight in Lexington, Mass.

The automaker is expected to build a higher-output, 6.1-liter Hemi to join the current 5.7-liter model, now available in Dodge pickups and SUVs as well as the Chrysler 300 Series sedan. As many as half of buyers choose the Hemi in those vehicles.

That thing gotta a hemi?!

·
Registered
760 Posts
YEEESSSSS BRING THE CHARGER OUT THAT IS AT THE TOP OF THAT PAGE OR SOMETHING CLOSE TO IT OUT WITH THE NEW HEMI AND SIGN ME UP TO PURCHASE THE FIRST ONE. YES EVEN WITH THE FOUR Damn DOORS!!!

How many more times will I have to post that I love this car till it's finally released. :D

Joe

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I have never bought other than GM, but I would definitely be interested in a Charger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts