GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chrysler halts Renault-Nissan talks, favors GM

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081101/bs_nm/us_chrysler_nissan_talks_2

Talks on a deal to sell Chrysler LLC to Nissan Motor Co and Renault SA have halted because the No. 3 U.S. automaker's owner favors a deal with General Motors Corp, The Detroit News reported on Saturday.

Citing sources familiar with the situation, the newspaper said no further talks have been scheduled between private equity firm Cerberus Capital Management LP (CBS.UL), which sees a deal with No. 1 U.S. automaker GM as financially more advantageous and better for the struggling U.S. auto industry.

In an earlier report, The Detroit News said the Nissan-Renault alliance had proposed buying 20 percent of Chrysler.

A spokesman for Cerberus declined to comment.

More at Link

·
Registered
885 Posts
This likely means the Feds are going to provide funding but are waiting until after the election to announce it.

Bingo! That would be my guess. Nobody wants to approve funding for something that will cut jobs, even if it will cut less than if the funding weren't provided. So, before the election, no. After, maybe. It will be a long time before the next election so there may be more of an appetite for it days after the election.

·
Registered
986 Posts
The sad part about this is that the takeover- eh, merger- will likely result in GM being damaged long term. Cerberus is a bunch of pimps looking to make a quick buck, and they do not care how many jobs, communities, or futures are destroyed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
DVI computer monitor adaptor

I found that connector you were looking for
Cindy, is this the thing you were looking for?
www.liangdianup.com/computeraccessories_1.htm
It's on the list of computer accessories and parts. They have the DVI video thing to convert that *** monitor to work with your other computer. Just about any other kind of wire adaptor, usb connectors, monitor extension wires, ps2 extention wires, and all kinds of female and male swap connectors and things that I think would help your shop. If that above link don't work then goto www.lducompany.com and click on computer accessories. Let me know if that is what you need and give me your email address again.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Re: DVI computer monitor adaptor

I found that connector you were looking for
Cindy, is this the thing you were looking for?
www.liangdianup.com/computeraccessories_1.htm
It's on the list of computer accessories and parts. They have the DVI video thing to convert that *** monitor to work with your other computer. Just about any other kind of wire adaptor, usb connectors, monitor extension wires, ps2 extention wires, and all kinds of female and male swap connectors and things that I think would help your shop. If that above link don't work then goto www.lducompany.com and click on computer accessories. Let me know if that is what you need and give me your email address again.
Jeez! Check out the SPAM 2.0! Crazy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts