GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought this was interesting. If Chrysler does come to an agreement with Renault/Nissan on an alliance, I wonder how this agreement will go down?

SOURCE: ChinaCarTimes

Chrysler + Great Wall to work on small car
October 7, 2008

According to media reports today, Chrysler and Great Wall are planning to work together to produce an A-segment car which will be produced by Great Wall, but sold worldwide with the Chrysler badging.

Chrysler reportedly sent engineers to Great Wall in August of this year to work with Great Wall to create a super mini which would be worthy of taking on the Chrysler badging and would be upto world standards design, and safety wise. Work on the A-segment car is expected to be finished by the end of the year, which may indicate that it could be a reworked version of a car that Great Wall already has, or is close to completing.
MORE HERE

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Chrysler has been quiet, but now there going king Detroit.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
well this changes things If I'm not mistaken isn't Chrysler's A car supposed to be a model based off the Fiat 500???

·
Registered
11,071 Posts
So Chrysler's planning to sell an unlicensed Fiat Panda or Scion xA?

Though I have to say GWM's Panda knock-off looks better than Fiat's, and that little 4x4 version is tight!

...and I wonder what happened to the Chrysler-Chery deal?

·
Super Moderator
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well this changes things If I'm not mistaken isn't Chrysler's A car supposed to be a model based off the Fiat 500???
Not that I'm aware - I believe that there was discussion about them linking up with Fiat, but nothing has come of it.

·
Registered
17,579 Posts
I really don't think the Great Wall Panda is better than the original...

PS. Perhaps Nardelli will choose a benchmark model, but rather than make Auburn Hills build a car as good as it, he will simply tell Great Well to build it ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts