1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Nice....Chrysler did fine job of keeping the lid on their works in progress. Unlike other car companies.... :D

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
Sounds good to me. A Jeep with independent wheel controls indeed would be pretty sweet for off roading

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
I was driving around CTC all morning for an hour and a half and didn't see any of them. I did see the Dodge EV zip by on my way home from class just now and it's pretty quick for a electric car.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Dang, how about a sedan? The vehicles look and sound good, but how can they overlook the most important market segment?

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Looks cool, like the lotus body for a Dodge, and I hope Chrysler can effectivly market these. It looks like they beat Toyota into the Prius -like hybrid brand except they are all electric and presum. better
These Chrysler EV's are a joke. Chrysler has done no work on electrice vehicles. They had better be able to effectively market them and Chrysler isn't capable of building an EV powertrain.

Chrysler unveiled these vehicles today. Why? Because, tomorrow, Congress votes on whether the bailout loans for Detroit's automakers will be approved.

The Prius has nothing to worry about, and I mean NOTHING, from these kind of PR stunts from Chrysler.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
These Chrysler EV's are a joke. Chrysler has done no work on electrice vehicles. They had better be able to effectively market them and Chrysler isn't capable of building an EV powertrain.

Chrysler unveiled these vehicles today. Why? Because, tomorrow, Congress votes on whether the bailout loans for Detroit's automakers will be approved.

The Prius has nothing to worry about, and I mean NOTHING, from these kind of PR stunts from Chrysler.
Most likely Chrysler will be buying the electric powertrain from someone else. That's how Cerberus would attack such a problem: What do we need? Who has it? What does it cost and how much value does it add to the product?

I'm sure they've spoken with people at Tesla and elsewhere.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Most likely Chrysler will be buying the electric powertrain from someone else. That's how Cerberus would attack such a problem: What do we need? Who has it? What does it cost and how much value does it add to the product?

I'm sure they've spoken with people at Tesla and elsewhere.
Chrysler was desperate to show the government they had something on their otherwise empty EV plate so Chrysler can hopefully get some of those taxpayers dollars tomorrow.

Question is, why should billions of taxpayers dollars go to Chrysler that then just goes and buys an EV system from Europe? It makes no sense.

·
Premium Member
5,033 Posts

You posted basically the same thoughts on the other thread. You have no idea what these guys have been working on. The tenor of your protestations gives me the feeling that you must work for the competition. The only joke will be on you when these vehicles are on the road with smiling drivers behind the wheel.

·
Premium Member
5,033 Posts
In case you missed my post on the other thread.....
I suggest you nay-sayers go to the WJR radio website and look up todays Frank Beckmann show.
Tom Lasorda was on and said that this was one of the best kept secrets in the auto industry. That they HAVE been working on these for about 18 months. Been driving them around on the sly and will be on sale in 2010.
I know some of those engineers at Chrysler. There is a brain trust there.
It will be well for all of you to stop trashing our own auto makers and get behind them. Your future depends on it.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Tom Lasorda was on and said that this was one of the best kept secrets in the auto industry. That they HAVE been working on these for about 18 months. Been driving them around on the sly and will be on sale in 2010.
I like Lasorda but he is simply regurgitating the corporate line on this one. Nardelli and Cerberus don't care about the car industry. This EV nonsense was simply to assist in getting bailout money from the government.

Nobody believes Chrysler developed this EV system on their own. The fact that the so called "Dodge" sports car is a thinly disguised Lotus proves the fact.

·
Premium Member
5,033 Posts
I like Lasorda but he is simply regurgitating the corporate line on this one. Nardelli and Cerberus don't care about the car industry. This EV nonsense was simply to assist in getting bailout money from the government.

Nobody believes Chrysler developed this EV system on their own. The fact that the so called "Dodge" sports car is a thinly disguised Lotus proves the fact.
Me thinks you protest too much.

Did you hear the interview? Lasorda pretty much said that these systems are all very close in design. The big difference is in the software, how and when the car changes from gas to electric, batteries, etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts