GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chrysler 300 Jumps to No. 1 Ranking for New Vehicle Launch 'Buzz'
Monthly AutoVIBES Study Tracks In-Market Vehicle Shoppers' Awareness and Reaction to New Models

ROCHESTER, N.Y. and IRVINE, Calif., June 29 -- AutoVIBES, a monthly automotive study from Harris Interactive® and Kelley Blue Book Marketing Research tracking new vehicle nameplates, reveals that the 2005 Chrysler 300 is creating the most buzz of the 41 vehicles currently being tracked. Two Nissan vehicle launches -- the Armada and Titan, were in the top 5, with the Cadillac SRX and Pontiac GTO also making the list.

New Vehicle Launches Creating the Most "Buzz"
1. 2005 Chrysler 300
2. 2004 Nissan Armada
3. 2004 Cadillac SRX
4. 2005 Pontiac GTO
5. 2004 Nissan Titan

"Relatively little was known about Chrysler's 300 until it hit the showroom with a bang," said Charlie Vogelheim, executive editor and vehicle expert at Kelley Blue Book. "It's no surprise that the 300 is No. 1 because it has been embraced by car buyers and the press alike. Chrysler hit a home run with the 300."

The 300, which AutoVIBES has been tracking since January, began climbing in the study's ranking when it hit showroom floors in early April. It jumped from No. 14 during its pre-launch period to No. 3 in April and reached the top spot in the May wave of the study.

"Nissan's two launches have generated a lot of attention, and they have done a good job of getting the word out about those vehicles," said Vogelheim. "It remains to be seen whether that buzz will translate into sales that will meet industry expectations."

SOMEONE LIKES THE GTO, TOO

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've heard nothing but positive comments on the 300C. Sounds like Chrysler outdid themselves here. Nice to see GM has two vehicles in the top five.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Bold, inspirational american designs is what I always wanted (from Ford and GM). Long, Low & wide.

GM's potential answer to the wildly successful 300c

Fords potential answer to the wildly successful 300c

Too bad neither company has the guts to come out with beautys like these.
Id be dying to get my hands on a car like either one of these, if they were available that is.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Is that Ford's answer to the Plymouth Reliant and Dodge Aries?

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by cincygoblue@Jul 2 2004, 04:16 PM
I think with a 427 cu\in V 10 it would be a little more than a K Car.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Originally posted by doh+Jul 2 2004, 12:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (doh @ Jul 2 2004, 12:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cincygoblue@Jul 2 2004, 04:16 PM
I think with a 427 cu\in V 10 it would be a little more than a K Car. [/b][/quote]
xellow said "beauty" not "powerhouse". Just commenting on the boxy styling of the concept Lincolns and Fords versus the latest concepts coming out of the GM Studios. :D

·
Registered
314 Posts
Originally posted by cincygoblue+Jul 2 2004, 05:48 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cincygoblue @ Jul 2 2004, 05:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 2 2004, 12:39 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-cincygoblue
@Jul 2 2004, 04:16 PM

I think with a 427 cu\in V 10 it would be a little more than a K Car.
xellow said "beauty" not "powerhouse". Just commenting on the boxy styling of the concept Lincolns and Fords versus the latest concepts coming out of the GM Studios. :D [/b][/quote]
The 300c is boxy and very stylish as is the massive "in your face" 427.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Originally posted by doh+Jul 2 2004, 12:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (doh @ Jul 2 2004, 12:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cincygoblue@Jul 2 2004, 04:16 PM
I think with a 427 cu\in V 10 it would be a little more than a K Car. [/b][/quote]
On the Ford I'd still put a "HONK IF ANYTHING FALLS OFF!" sticker on it. At least the Chevy SS looks cool and definitely should be the next Impala.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Originally posted by rodd62@Jul 2 2004, 06:15 PM
what is that chevy?
That's the SS concept that many people believe (or hope) will be the basis of a new Camaro. I'm actually very shocked to see the SRX on that list. I haven't heard a whole lot of hype about it but it sure is great to see the GTO there.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Someone is missing the point here. The question is, what is creating BUZZ, not what is SELLING. I have seen at least 20 Chrysler 300's on the road. I have not seen a GTO yet.

·
Banned
895 Posts
That this of top fives is a dud as are all of the vehicles on that list with the exception of the Chrysler 300.

Both Nissans are mired in quality control problems that resemble how AMC used to build cars. The Pontiac GTO is MIA in the marketplace and the Cadillac SRX is as butt ugly as a sport ute could be (or is that a very tall and thin station wagon with no room inside?)

I would never buy a Chrysler, but it is nice to see that even they can screw up and build a great car. Now America is waiting for GM to do it.

BTW...the Ford displayed is a rather large vehicle and was the showcar for the upcoming model Futura (will be renamed). Only the blind could mistake that car for a K-Car.

·
Banned
895 Posts
In my last post I left out "list" .... That this LIST of....

Interestingly, Nissan may have product awareness, but those two mentioned aren't selling. Add to that the miserable sales of the Nissan minivan, and you've got three strikes in a row. With the Frontier being ruined by making it look like a Titan, I can only smile like the Cheshire cat at Nissan's idiocy!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Originally posted by yoblues@Jul 2 2004, 02:07 PM
Someone is missing the point here. The question is, what is creating BUZZ, not what is SELLING. I have seen at least 20 Chrysler 300's on the road. I have not seen a GTO yet.
Saw a yellow GTO 3 days ago here in ALASKA, yea I know! Yellow! <_<

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have seen one GTO and two 300s and one SRX. I have seen neither of those Nissans though I do like the styling (they're way better than the Toyotas, I think the Frontier will sell even better when it gets restyled, but I never expected those two to sell).

Whoever called the new Caddys ugly should be hit in both eyes to make him see better. The new Cadillac styling is AWESOME. Way better than Lexus and Lincoln. Though the concepts and future styling from Lincoln is impressive.

·
Super Moderator
4,288 Posts
Originally posted by laserwizard@Jul 2 2004, 02:51 PM
In my last post I left out "list" .... That this LIST of....

Interestingly, Nissan may have product awareness, but those two mentioned aren't selling. Add to that the miserable sales of the Nissan minivan, and you've got three strikes in a row. With the Frontier being ruined by making it look like a Titan, I can only smile like the Cheshire cat at Nissan's idiocy!
What do you drive?

·
Premium Member
15,292 Posts
I've been a big fan of GM for all of my 22 years, but the more they talk about a product renaissance, the more frustrated I become. How can they seriously include cars like the Malibu and the word revolution in the same sentence? Cars like the Malibu, LaCrosse, Impala, Colorado, any of the CSVs (ugh, calling them a CSV just further points to the disillusionment at GM), and others aren't anywhere close to being benchmark in any area: powertrain, style, interior quality, fit/finish, features, or price. Only Cadillac's newest models seem to be largely uncompromised entries.

If cars that just hit the market are already behind the competition, how can they expect to create the buzz of cars like the Chrysler 300?

IMO--of course--Chevrolet especially needs to get serious. Make the Malibu class-leading. Put in the Opel interior in the near future, give it more power, then when it's time to replace it, give the car real style. Drop the Impala, or at least doom it to fleet only sales, and replace it with a car along the lines of the SS show car--a powerful CURVEY (to avoid 300C/Ford 427 copycat remarks) four door RWD sedan (pillarless if they could get the side-impact protection) with optional V-8 power. The 300/300C is still very new, so long term sales are a question-mark (but then, long term sales are never a given for any vehicle), but nothing from GM has generated the interest they have in that price range--GM would be wise to take note.

It's time GM concentrated all of their financial, global, and personnel resources and made cars that can sell on their merits and their visceral appeal.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
It's not necessarely coming up with something 'powerful, full-size, and around the same price-range'. It is coming up with something that is able to show competitors who price about the same price: Hey, our car offers a bigger engine, more space, and a luxurious interior. If GM was to come up with something like that in their new Impala they would have a hit. They wouldn't even need the Malibu anymore. They could just go full size with the Impala and sell it at around $22K to $35K and call it a day! Too bad GM doesn't have the guts to do that :angry:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Originally posted by yoblues@Jul 2 2004, 02:07 PM
Someone is missing the point here. The question is, what is creating BUZZ, not what is SELLING.  I have seen at least  20 Chrysler 300's on the road. I have not seen a GTO yet.
unique (bentley looks) styling.. v8 rwd..around 30k, what we've all be screaming for for so long. its the styling that creates the buzz, the rwd v8 makes it creditable. winning combo, something gm hasnt had since they killed the b-body.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts