GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Oh nice. I see they are using headlamps taken directly from a Hyundai Genesis.

What is it about Asians and not being able to come up with a unique design? Is being creative really that hard for them?

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Pulling the cover up on that car is probably a crime punishable by death in China.
Deciding to build some of the cars that the manufacturers have expected the public to buy should be a crime punishable by death anywhere, i.e. the Aztec and anything Chris Bangle has been involved with to name a few, IMO.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
The pig is wearing camo I see......

·
Registered
17,579 Posts
Well, this is no LaCrosse, but the Chinese Buick Regal, identical to the European Opel Insignia, and the front end has already been disclosed before... So much for "Asians who can't come up..." and so forth...

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Pulling the cover up on that car is probably a crime punishable by death in China.
:lmao:
:yup:

Is this going to be the same design we're getting here?

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
What I'd like to know is why the bumper cover from the concept didn't make it to the production car? It's much more unique than the one they went with that looks like any other car out there.

·
Registered
17,579 Posts
:p: See as i mentioned before the Chinese Buick wants to have 2 cars to compete in the segment
But it's still the very same car! Perhaps they might want to do a Century/Regal thing, with Regal being the lower rank this time, but by no means does that indicate the North American LaCrosse will debut in China soon...

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
But it's still the very same car! Perhaps they might want to do a Century/Regal thing, with Regal being the lower rank this time, but by no means does that indicate the North American LaCrosse will debut in China soon...
Think the theory behind this is like the New Regal will be positioned as a car for private ownership, a car purely for private use(more driver oriented), and the new LaCrosse will be positioned as a company/privately used car, monday to friday used to drive the customer around different factories, saturday and sunday take the kids out to the mall:confused:(more luxury:confused:)

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
The car pictured is in fact the Chinese Regal, it's a clone of the Opel Insignia. Hopefully the use of the Insignia in other markets means that a new AURA is on its way shortly.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts

What is it about Asians and not being able to come up with a unique design? Is being creative really that hard for them?

yes it is, they are duplicators

·
Registered
5,947 Posts
further proof GM has no idea what to do with Buick NA... at this point just sell the EnClave and be done with it. GM can't even bother to bring anything over (rebadged from Eurpoe), we have to get left-over designs for China.

PATHETIC... with this and the sad news on Pontiac (no Kappa replacement!!!) and FWD there is nothing of interest left at P-B-GMC

·
Registered
5,632 Posts

From what I am seeing with the latest batch of genric sedans such as the NA 2010 LaCrosse creative styling is truly a thing of the past. Everybodys sedans look either like a Lexus, Toyota or BMW with Mercedes grilles thrown in on some of the luxury models for good measure. The Chrysler 300 and Charger and Magnum were truly a breath of fresh air that has rarely been duplicated since for originality and freshness.

·
Registered
10,450 Posts
So a Chrysler 300 that looks like a retro Rover 3.5 Coupe from the 60's revisted is a fresh design. Me thinks not (though the rear is different) but I do agree with your generalization re Lexus particularly.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
So china will be getting 2 versions of the insignia and we get the american dumb_ss version. Unbelievable that they will not sell a car that people will buy. All they have to look at is the Malibu and CTS build it and they will come.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts