GM Inside News Forum banner
81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Why is this a surprise to anyone? Just like the Japanese whose vehicles are widely regarded as the most reliable, the Chinese vehicles will soon be regarded as the same or best built. The reason, their workers care about doing a good job, the rest of the world cares more about the paycheck first.
I think it's mostly because if they don't do a good job...they can end up in some kind of prison camp in Tibet or something. There, bad work has real consequences, here bad work is protected by collective bargaining agreements...its why you see **** like the Explorer/Aviator rollout a couple years ago. It isn't an OEM problem it's a labor pool problem.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
13,047 Posts
I think it's mostly because if they don't do a good job...they can end up in some kind of prison camp in Tibet or something. There, bad work has real consequences, here bad work is protected by collective bargaining agreements...its why you see **** like the Explorer/Aviator rollout a couple years ago. It isn't an OEM problem it's a labor pool problem.
True I see that a lot where I work. It seems as if at times we are scraping the bottom of the barrel. Even more so now with this Covid BS.

·
Banned
660 Posts
You

I was fine with your comment until the last sentence. You keep saying you want adult conversations and you are the one who makes them childish. I won't get childish like you did, but your way of thinking really floors me and is very short sighted.

I get taking care of your assets and yourself. Everyone does that. But part of protecting what is yours is having an offense by stopping criminals and not just laying there saying it's all my fault and not only do nothing about it, but actively say it is ok to steal. I know theft happens, it is a part of life, but your attitude effectively condones it, whoever has the best theft vs. anti-theft tools wins. IBM is a very sophisticated company, they could literally steal every dollar on the planet if they wanted, but they have corporate and personal morals that stop them. But, were you CEO, you'd just tell them to steal everyone's money because common people aren't sophisticated enough to stop the theft, it's their fault. It's ok to steal money from old, frail people because they are to stupid to take care of their assets. It's ok for me to steal money from children because they aren't big enough to defend themselves. It's ok for China to steal our trade secrets and destroy our industries - no accountability.
If you go to bed at night and you leave the front door unlocked/open then you get what you deserve.

If companies leave themselves vulnerable to hackers then they get what they deserve. By not having people on staff to create programs to prevent it. Then that's their fault.

I don't defend criminals. I put the burden on you to protect yourself. As a person or a company.

Sorry I was disrespectful with you, you don't like that type of back and forth. Then tell your friends to behave then I will. They send names my way and I send them back.

·
Banned
660 Posts
I don't care what the reason is, a person should go to work and do the best job they can. Being the best at what I do has always been a focus in my life.

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
Criminals can be held accountable, but in the cases when they are not you have to take care of yourself. When you insure your car, you don't have to get uninsured motorist. But if they guy who hits you either has no insurance or not enough your car will not be covered.

I break things down to our level in terms of how we can protect ourselves. On a company level it's their responsibility to keep other companies from stealing their information.

I don't fault other countries and companies for trying to compete any way they can.

It's our job to prevent them from doing so.

What part are you having a hard time understanding? Look I know thinking on this level is really hard.
So in your world, if you wife, nevermind, if your mom is raped while walking down the street, it's her fault for not protecting herself? She should have done a better job? I just want to make sure I understand your cognitive process.

·
Banned
660 Posts
I stopped reading your posts in this tread after the one I'm quoting because I'm guessing it's all more of the same "I don't need no gummint" nonsense. But I will say this. If everyone allowed theft to happen just because they are insured, I can assure you everyone's premiums will go up so high that very few would be able to afford insurance (or stay in business in the case of companies). A few (i.e., people like you) can get away with being callous because the rest of us are being prudent. Don't mistake your ability to freeload on the rest of society for superiority.
I don't and never have free loaded anyone or anything.

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
If they do what you say then so be it, I don't need a government to keep me employed. People who think like that are weak.

First of all it's not going to happen. Second even if it did, I would find ways to make it in this world. Third that's the difference between people like you and myself. I don't have self pity, and think there's nothing I can do. Government please help me.

Those other countries have every right to rule the world. Just like we have since WWII.
Which union did you say you were a member of?

Reactions: 1958carnut

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
So in your world, if you wife, nevermind, if your mom is raped while walking down the street, it's her fault for not protecting herself? She should have done a better job? I just want to make sure I understand your cognitive process.
I was thinking about going down that route myself just to see what the outcome would be, but I decided not to. Good luck!

·
Registered
18,624 Posts
If you go to bed at night and you leave the front door unlocked/open then you get what you deserve.

If companies leave themselves vulnerable to hackers then they get what they deserve. By not having people on staff to create programs to prevent it. Then that's their fault.

I don't defend criminals. I put the burden on you to protect yourself. As a person or a company.

Sorry I was disrespectful with you, you don't like that type of back and forth. Then tell your friends to behave then I will. They send names my way and I send them back.
Yes, I make sure I lock my door as do many corporations. However, there are many sophisticated criminals that can easily get around my best defenses as a homeowner. China is using their military to break into our corporations, high end, super sophisticated software and programmers. It is easier to find flaws in software and exploit them vs. protecting them. And saying "write more secure software" is unrealistic. While the American government certainly isn't the picture of perfect, we typically don't condone breaking into foreign corporations to steal their trade secrets - the Chinese do.

As far as being disrespectful, I don't control anyone other than myself. If you want them to be respectful towards you I suggest you be respectful first and call them out. Call them out, same as I did to you, when they aren't. But watch your own comments - I'd say you start a lot of it yourself and people react to it. You've done it so much people instantly react poorly to any comment you make. In effect, you leave your front door unlocked and invite in people to be disrespectful.

·
Banned
660 Posts
Holy crap you people take these situations as far as you possibly can. This is about business!

But to answer your question, yes if a lady puts herself in a position to be attacked then she is responsible for what happens to her.

Does it condone the rapist actions? No, should he be punished? Yes!

I use to tell my daughter don't allow yourself to be in harms way. Think about where you are, what you are doing, who you are around. Lock your doors, windows, get a alarm, buy a dog, carry a gun/mace/stun gun.

Dont be a victim! Protect yourself.

·
Banned
660 Posts
Yes, I make sure I lock my door as do many corporations. However, there are many sophisticated criminals that can easily get around my best defenses as a homeowner. China is using their military to break into our corporations, high end, super sophisticated software and programmers. It is easier to find flaws in software and exploit them vs. protecting them. And saying "write more secure software" is unrealistic. While the American government certainly isn't the picture of perfect, we typically don't condone breaking into foreign corporations to steal their trade secrets - the Chinese do.

As far as being disrespectful, I don't control anyone other than myself. If you want them to be respectful towards you I suggest you be respectful first and call them out. Call them out, same as I did to you, when they aren't. But watch your own comments - I'd say you start a lot of it yourself and people react to it. You've done it so much people instantly react poorly to any comment you make. In effect, you leave your front door unlocked and invite in people to be disrespectful.
I never use bad words until they do. Honestly I wish there were zero restrictions on that sort of thing. But we know there are. People react to me because I am not a sheep that thinks like other people. If that's the reason then I take that as a compliment. I speak my mind the way I see it.

You think writing software is impossible, that's probably true. But (as I mentioned earlier) explain how the companies have secured their most sensitive secrets? KFC, Coke, Pepsi those are a few.

So it can be done, those companies go the extra mile to make sure nobody gets that information.

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
Holy crap you people take these situations as far as you possibly can. This is about business!

But to answer your question, yes if a lady puts herself in a position to be attacked then she is responsible for what happens to her.

Does it condone the rapist actions? No, should he be punished? Yes!

I use to tell my daughter don't allow yourself to be in harms way. Think about where you are, what you are doing, who you are around. Lock your doors, windows, get a alarm, buy a dog, carry a gun/mace/stun gun.

Dont be a victim! Protect yourself.
Absolutely amazing...

And sad...

But thanks for the response. It clears a lot of things up. You're basically blaming the victim for the malicious actions of others. But at least you're consistent across the board - from state sponsored theft all the way to predatory violence against your own daughter. I'm kind of at a loss of words.

Reactions: 1958carnut

·
Banned
660 Posts
Absolutely amazing...

And sad...

But thanks for the response. It clears a lot of things up. You're basically blaming the victim for the malicious actions of others. But at least you're consistent across the board - from state sponsored theft all the way to predatory violence against your own daughter. I'm kind of at a loss of words.
That people should do everything possible to protect themselves. What do you tell your daughter. Just walk around oblivious to your surroundings? Give people every opportunity to harm you?

That's what's sad. Don't be a victim is the message that should be learned.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Why is this a surprise to anyone? Just like the Japanese whose vehicles are widely regarded as the most reliable, the Chinese vehicles will soon be regarded as the same or best built. The reason, their workers care about doing a good job, the rest of the world cares more about the paycheck first.
I don't think this is the case, and it's far more complicated than this. People in Europe who claim Chinse-built Model 3s are better are comparing fairly early build Model 3s from Fremont to recent builds from Shanghai. Model 3 build quality has improved tremendously overall, so it's not a fair comparison. Plus, as already pointed out, the Shanghai factory is newer and custom-designed for the Model 3 (and Y).

To the extent the above quote is true, it's sort of like the US men's soccer team. While the US has great athletes, most of them aren't playing soccer. Similar to that, there are lots of people with excellent work ethic in the US, but most of them aren't drawn to vehicle assembly as their preferred career.

·
Registered
843 Posts
If the Chinese automobile industry gets big enough then they will hire people from around the world to engineer their new cars.

The fact that they steal the designs from companies around the world is the fault of the buying public. It's our fault for buying those cars in the first place.

If the Chinese produces a vehicle that is a knock off and the consumer buys it then we are the ones at fault for not recognizing what is going on. If nobody purchased these knock offs then they would stop doing it.

Again it's plain and simple.

·
Banned
660 Posts
Because I have a unique perspective on this issue. None of you get it or have the mental expansion to understand.

As I've said before, I put it on the company, person, or buyer. You are in control not the criminals! If you allow them to steal from you then that's your fault.

Do you remember the attack on the USS Cole? A boat came close to the ship and blew a big hole in the side of the ship?

Who's fault was it? The terrorists? Nope! The fault lies with the captain of the ship. It's his responsibility to protect his ship under all situations.

This is exactly what I am talking about, blaming the victim is what needs to be done if that person or organization doesn't protect themselves.

81 - 100 of 110 Posts