Valvetrain: OHV
Displacement: 231.9 CU / 3801 CC
HP: 295 @ 6000 RPM
Torque: 280 FT LBS

·
Registered
236 Posts
:eek:

I think those first two were forgotten for a reason. Good thing, too.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
The last 1 should have been as well.

·
Registered
373 Posts
That monte carlo is bitchin. WOW. The interoir looks cool for the 1st one, really high tech but the monte is....wow. it looks like someone would have to spend like 10,000 dollars on a body kit conversion t oge it that cool. needs a v-8 too. but gm just doesnt get the picture do they? we want a v-8 that baby if its gonna comemmorate the greatest nascar driver of all time...

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
It's just the high tease factor in these show cars, isn't it? I recall the concept car with which Chevy announced its intent to build a new Monte Carlo. If they had delivered something much closer to that show car, no one else would have been left standing. I dreamed of driving that one for weeks. Where the Lumina coupe reminded me of a couple of different Impalas, especially with the spoiler, which, for me brought the '59 to mind, the production Monte Carlo reminded me of a '58 Impala, for whatever reason.

As for the other concepts, clearly they have been forgotten. The K2 is too amorphous a form, and the XT1 is something we do not need to go off-roading in... a mobile electronics lab.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
:blink: A FWD truck, who woulda thunk-it. :blink:
:drevil:

Yeah, saturn has an SUV now. They could use a truck too. I don't know why.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I believe these Chevy's are based off of the Opel Corsa. I remember seeing Corsa based trucks in Puerta Valliarta a few years ago.

Ken

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
I don't think the Intimidator is all that different from the current Monte. It has a smaller greenhouse, and a lower body kit, but overall the shape is pretty much identical.

I think it's a logical progression from concept to reality.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
what year are those first two trucks from? hahaha! they remind me of some of the plastic-fantastic dodge and plymouth concepts from the early 90's (pronto/backpack/zig/zag/etc...). pretty horrid GM concepts... glad THAT styling theme never caught hold! though i do recall the buick sceptre (early to mid 90's, i think). i can't find a picture anywhere on the net... but it woulda made a very nice small buick back in the day.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Originally posted by posaune@Mar 25 2004, 08:12 AM
I'm telling ya - this Chevy Tornado trucklet would be a killer Saturn. Don't forget that Toyota's #1 seller to first-time buyers is the Tacoma, not Corolla, Echo, or Camry.

Any opinions?

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by paul8488@Mar 25 2004, 10:36 AM
i do recall the buick sceptre (early to mid 90's, i think). i can't find a picture anywhere on the net... but it woulda made a very nice small buick back in the day.
Here you go:

Gotta love Google's image search!

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Originally posted by Ming+Mar 25 2004, 04:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ming @ Mar 25 2004, 04:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-paul8488@Mar 25 2004, 10:36 AM
i do recall the buick sceptre (early to mid 90's, i think). i can't find a picture anywhere on the net... but it woulda made a very nice small buick back in the day.
Here you go:

Gotta love Google's image search! [/b][/quote]
oh geez man! i never use google... thanks! from now on i'll use my personal ming search engine, though :)

the car is exactly as i remember it... pretty modern looking for early 90's. where do all these concept cars go? does GM have a massive warehouse somewhere, chalk full of ever concept vehicle ever made, or are they scrapped after the autoshow circuit?

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Originally posted by PaleGreen+Mar 25 2004, 03:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PaleGreen @ Mar 25 2004, 03:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-posaune@Mar 25 2004, 08:12 AM
I'm telling ya - this Chevy Tornado trucklet would be a killer Saturn. Don't forget that Toyota's #1 seller to first-time buyers is the Tacoma, not Corolla, Echo, or Camry.

Any opinions? [/b][/quote]
Maybe. Remember, the tacoma is a normal truck, I don't know if a FWD would be that popular. Then again, people buy all kinds of cars that don't make sence. scion? :mf_boff:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Palegreen you hit the bull eye, that is right gm should bring that lettle TORNADO to the USA and sale it too all those people , that don't need a truck that has a bigger engines than a 5 cylinder or don't need a truck that hauls more than 4000 pounds. A truck just for transportation. ;) Louis here.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Yup, the Tornado is based on the Corsa.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts