GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
West Coast offense: ASC and SO-CAL partner up on Chevy SSR for SEMA

By AUTOWEEK

That partnership between Michigan’s specialty car developer ASC and California’s SO-CAL Speed Shop bears its first fruit at the upcoming Specialty Equipment Market Association show in Las Vegas in the form of the West Coast edition of the Chevrolet Super Sport Roadster.

Article here.

·
Registered
571 Posts
420 supercharged HP. thats more like it.....

·
Registered
790 Posts
why dont they just use this to polish off the lightning. i know its not a full size truck, but it is a truck nonetheless. so imo they should just make a SS SSR to compeate in the sport truck areana. sense the silverado SS isnt doing the job :(

133 Posts
I disagree with 'smilingoat' - I would say the SSR is more of a rebirth of the El Camino, although it does look allot like the 1950's Apache P/U.

The SSR is DEFINITELY in a CLASS by itself. With emphasis on 'CLASS', which it has allot of. Very nice lines.

WHEN IS THIS (THE SSR) DAMN THING COMING OUT, ALREADY. FIRST THEY SAY EARLY SPRING 2003, ... THEN SUMMER OF 2003, ... IT'S NOW FALL 2003. Since this is a change in direction for GM, as far as style and interior materials, I can understand why there may be some bottelnecks.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
The SEMA SSR does one thing that I think the PT Cruiser would be wise to copy : chrome bumpers.

I miss chrome bumpers (without black plastic).

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Originally posted by Ming@Nov 11 2003, 03:54 PM
The SEMA SSR does one thing that I think the PT Cruiser would be wise to copy : chrome bumpers.

I miss chrome bumpers (without black plastic).
i got to say, that chrome bumper, larger chromed grill, and what looks like a wider running board, does help a bit. still im not that excited about it.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
I took a look at one while visiting the local dealership. A retro hotrod theme that really looks good. Sort of the buy it today and show it tomorrow.
I did notice the $48,000 sticker (with an additional $3,000 for whatever). I'll bet it's a bunch more than the lightning if you are just looking at 0-60 times. But you are also getting that custom look.
It is a head turner.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Originally posted by NewMexico_Sunset_On_RT66_Yep@Nov 10 2003, 11:57 PM
I disagree with 'smilingoat' - I would say the SSR is more of a rebirth of the El Camino, although it does look allot like the 1950's Apache P/U.

The SSR is DEFINITELY in a CLASS by itself. With emphasis on 'CLASS', which it has allot of. Very nice lines.

WHEN IS THIS (THE SSR) DAMN THING COMING OUT, ALREADY. FIRST THEY SAY EARLY SPRING 2003, ... THEN SUMMER OF 2003, ... IT'S NOW FALL 2003. Since this is a change in direction for GM, as far as style and interior materials, I can understand why there may be some bottelnecks.
Don't worry... the General couldnt be that dumb and leave this weak v-8 in there? Right?... SSR SS sounds about right.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was at a big show in the k-zoo area last summer and there was a preproduction SSR there. My brother-in-law and I grilled the guy driving it about the SSR and the c6 and he said it'll get the 6.0 in a year or two, and the next vette would have the 6.0 also and either a 6.6 or 7.0 option (he couldn't remember which), sounds to me like he might have known what he was talking about...

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Originally posted by syth82@Feb 5 2004, 03:31 AM
I was at a big show in the k-zoo area last summer and there was a preproduction SSR there. My brother-in-law and I grilled the guy driving it about the SSR and the c6 and he said it'll get the 6.0 in a year or two, and the next vette would have the 6.0 also and either a 6.6 or 7.0 option (he couldn't remember which), sounds to me like he might have known what he was talking about...
Wow are you behind the times. The C6 is officially released. It has a 6.0 with 400+ hp. Not only that but there are pictures everywhere!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Um, that was the point. I kinda figured the released info on the vette was dead on with what he told us, so he probally knew what was up with the ssr, too.

EDIT:
The officially released info, and the blue devil rumors (7.0l monster), that is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts