·
Premium Member
9,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 Silverado Midnight Edition is The New Black

Monochrome appearance package to debut at NADA and Chicago Auto Show
GM Media
January 22, 2015

DETROIT – Truck fans know that nothing adds presence to a pickup like basic black. And Chevrolet is taking black to the next level with the Silverado Midnight special edition, on display starting today at the National Automobile Dealers Association Convention & Expo in San Francisco, and making its public debut February 14 at the Chicago Auto Show.

Beginning with a black Silverado Z71, the Midnight special edition adds:

-An all-black front end with body-colored grille, bumper, headlamp bezels, tow hooks and fog lamps;
-Black side moldings and beltline moldings;
-18-inch black painted alloy wheels with Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac all-terrain tires;
-Special Z71 badges on the doors;
-A spray-in bedliner (black, of course);
-And the finishing touches – black Chevrolet bowties front and rear.

Like all 2015 Silverado 1500 Z71s, Midnight special editions include off-road suspension, a locking rear differential, Hill Descent Control and a trailering package. Midnight special editions also include rear park assist and heated, power-adjusted outside rear-view mirrors.

“The Midnight special edition, like our recently announced Custom Sport Silverado, lets our dealers offer a custom look right from the factory,” said Sandor Piszar, Silverado marketing director. “Customers can get a monochrome exterior, black alloy wheels and other uplevel touches, while maintaining all of the dependability Chevy trucks are famous for along with full factory warranty coverage.”

Chevrolet will offer the Silverado Midnight special edition in either 1500 double-cab or crew-cab models. Up to 5,000 Midnight special editions will be produced for the 2015 model year. Dealers can order the trucks starting in February 2015. Package prices be $1,595 to $1,995, depending on the model.

Higher resolution pictures are here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/16343314751/sizes/l
https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/16157468978/sizes/l

·
Premium Member
9,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: 2015 Silverado Midnight Edition is The New Black

Z71 + Custom Sport edition = Midnight edition. For those who are keeping score, the GMC version (Sierra Elevation) just got an official price today. I have to admit that I like it, but the black wheels on everything needs to stop.

·
Registered
19,265 Posts

Z71 + Custom Sport edition = Midnight edition. For those who are keeping score, the GMC version (Sierra Elevation) just got an official price today. I have to admit that I like it, but the black wheels on everything needs to stop.
Black wheels are definitely overdone. Also, this would have looked better with a polished wheel (in my opinion).

·
Registered
298 Posts

I love those Goodyear Duratrac tires!!

Reactions: PositiveAboutGM

·
Registered
672 Posts

Awww it's so cute. It'll look great next to a real truck like the new Ford Raptor. Man up already GM and build a contender. These weak-ass 'special editions' are getting old.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts

The GMC Sierra Elevation Edition is only available on double cab trucks, Chevy Silverado Midnight Edition is available on double cabs and crew cabs.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts

It looks fine but the "sticker" editions are getting a little overdone to me.
So what's preventing Chevrolet (and/or GMC for that matter) from putting together a unique truck with special suspensions, unique exterior features, unique interior packages, tires and perhaps even alternate transmission and rear differential gearing?

We know GM can do appearance, but why not some additions and upgrades that are more than skin deep? The sort of thing that ONLY the factory can do?

·
Registered
534 Posts

So what's preventing Chevrolet (and/or GMC for that matter) from putting together a unique truck with special suspensions, unique exterior features, unique interior packages, tires and perhaps even alternate transmission and rear differential gearing?

We know GM can do appearance, but why not some additions and upgrades that are more than skin deep? The sort of thing that ONLY the factory can do?
The special-"appearance" additions are GM's way of driving attention to and excitement for a nearly-new product that's already losing market share and is still years away from redo without having to spend any real $$. It's the same thing they did with Grand-Sport editions of the C6 Corvette. But C6 was already near the end of it's generational cycle.

·
Registered
6,719 Posts

The special-"appearance" additions are GM's way of driving attention to and excitement for a nearly-new product that's already losing market share and is still years away from redo without having to spend any real $$. It's the same thing they did with Grand-Sport editions of the C6 Corvette. But C6 was already near the end of it's generational cycle.
That's not true. GM did this throughout the life cycle of the Camaro and it was the best selling in it's segment for most of it's life cycle.

·
Registered
21,381 Posts

Black wheels are definitely overdone. Also, this would have looked better with a polished wheel (in my opinion).
I've never been a fan of black rims.

I don't care for black wheels on anything.
Took-words-from-mouth....... I agree.

---------------------

At least this one got both; A) Matching Headlamp Bezels and B) Offered in Crew-Cab.

·
543 Posts

Chevrolet has made its first Midnight Edition model official.

Making its official public debut at the 2015 Chicago Auto Show, the 2015 Silverado Midnight Edition builds off a standard black Silverado Z71, adding an all-black front end with body-matched grille, bumper, headlights bezels, tow hooks and fog lamps. In addition, the pickup gets black side moldings and beltline moldings as well as 18-inch black wheels paired to Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tires. Of course there’s special Z71 badges on the doors while finishing touches include a black spray-in bedliner and black Chevrolet bowties in the front and rear.

The American automaker will offer the Silverado Midnight Edition in either 1500 double-cab or crew-cab models and up to 5,000 special editions will be produced for the 2015 model year. Package prices will be $1,595 to $1,995 depending on the model.

“The Midnight special edition, like our recently announced Custom Sport Silverado, lets our dealers offer a custom look right from the factory,” said Sandor Piszar, Silverado marketing director. “Customers can get a monochrome exterior, black alloy wheels and other uplevel touches, while maintaining all of the dependability Chevy trucks are famous for along with full factory warranty coverage.”
For more on this story, Chevy Silverado Midnight Edition Heading for Chicago Debut please visit AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts

I agree. To me, black wheels just look....dirty. Like they need cleaned from all the brake dust buildup.

·
Registered
534 Posts

That's not true. GM did this throughout the life cycle of the Camaro and it was the best selling in it's segment for most of it's life cycle.
5th-gen packages aren't just stickers and wheels. ZL1 and Z28 are way more than just appearance packages. Z06 and ZR1 were too. All four models were planned and developed early on in the product life-cycles and, I can only assume, cost a lot of money (vs. GS). Grand-Sport took Z06 parts (sunk cost, they're on the shelf) and bolted them onto a base-model car. Cheap, easy way to keep people interested in the C6 while the C7 gets pushed back because of bankruptcy, forcing C6 to stick around far too long.

These sticker packages are akin to the GS C6 only with even less pizzazz and applied to a product that's essentially new.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts