GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a Silverado HD with SFA for those who requested to see it.

I tried coloring the bumpers and mirror cowls same with the body for a cleaner look. Do you guys think it looks better? I know a lot of people don't like the massive chrome invasion on the actual Silverados. I also decided to color in the black plastic center-bumper piece where the towhooks are, hoping for an even cleaner look. I feel I could have done more to this drawing, but I have school to focus on, so I can't spend too much time on one drawing.:)

I wish I had a scanner that can scan big drawings. Taking digital pictures ruin the proportions unless I get the angle absolutely right. And my friend said that their really isn't a lot of options for me.:( It's also hard to match to lighting, so a lot of invisible lines show up in the pictures (ex. those criss-crossing lines in the sky above the hood). So, oh well.

I'm going to do a Sierra HD SFA drawing, also requested. After that, I'm gonna be working on other drawings that deal with some other stuff. So, it may be a while before I post something else up again.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Sweet, but I think there is now too much of the same color around the bumper. It may have looked better with the plastic piece where the towhooks are staying plastic, or even better make it chrome. But anyway man, that is one sick drawing. Keep it up!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments.

Sweet, but I think there is now too much of the same color around the bumper. It may have looked better with the plastic piece where the towhooks are staying plastic, or even better make it chrome.
Yeah. I know what you mean. I always have "debates" with myself whether or not I should try certain things. I personally think the color looks alright, but I know not everyone has the same taste in everything. I tried imagining if that bumper piece would look better in black, but then it seems it would require the mirror cowls to be black as well, so things don't seem out of place. If dealerships start to do their own paintjobs for some of the silverados, I have a big feeling they won't paint the center bumper pieces.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Rumblebuffin said:
Thanks for the comments.

Yeah. I know what you mean. I always have "debates" with myself whether or not I should try certain things. I personally think the color looks alright, but I know not everyone has the same taste in everything. I tried imagining if that bumper piece would look better in black, but then it seems it would require the mirror cowls to be black as well, so things don't seem out of place. If dealerships start to do their own paintjobs for some of the silverados, I have a big feeling they won't paint the center bumper pieces.
Well nevertheless, that picture rocks. You have amazingly great talent, and I would take one of those anyday.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Outstanding execution! You've got some amazing talent. Keep up the excellent work.

·
Premium Member
9,366 Posts
You drew that? :whoa: That's amazing! Extremely impressive. I don't care if you don't like the actual design or not, but you have to commend him on the execution of this! It looks really, really good. Hard to tell it's even a drawing. :yup: How long does it take you to do something like this, rumblebuffin?

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Rumblebuffin said:
Here is a Silverado HD with SFA for those who requested to see it.

I tried coloring the bumpers and mirror cowls same with the body for a cleaner look. Do you guys think it looks better? I know a lot of people don't like the massive chrome invasion on the actual Silverados. I also decided to color in the black plastic center-bumper piece where the towhooks are, hoping for an even cleaner look. I feel I could have done more to this drawing, but I have school to focus on, so I can't spend too much time on one drawing.:)

I wish I had a scanner that can scan big drawings. Taking digital pictures ruin the proportions unless I get the angle absolutely right. And my friend said that their really isn't a lot of options for me.:( It's also hard to match to lighting, so a lot of invisible lines show up in the pictures (ex. those criss-crossing lines in the sky above the hood). So, oh well.

I'm going to do a Sierra HD SFA drawing, also requested. After that, I'm gonna be working on other drawings that deal with some other stuff. So, it may be a while before I post something else up again.

That is EXACTLY what I pictured. You did one hell of a job. I wouldnt change a thing!! Good Job!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the comments! :)

You drew that? That's amazing! Extremely impressive. I don't care if you don't like the actual design or not, but you have to commend him on the execution of this! It looks really, really good. Hard to tell it's even a drawing. How long does it take you to do something like this, rumblebuffin?
Thanks. I'm pretty proud of this drawing because it is actually my first, COMPLETED drawing of the new Silverado. I had so much problems trying to draw the grille right on my other attempts. So, for this drawing, I used a lot of reference material, and it helped. This drawing took a smaller amount of time than my other drawings since this one is small compared to the poster size drawings I do. So, it took me about three or four hours, maybe six. I'm pretty serious about detail, so it takes me a while with drawings sometimes.

That is EXACTLY what I pictured. You did one hell of a job. I wouldnt change a thing!! Good Job!
Thanks, I'm glad you like it :D ! I also got your message. What is your desktop size? The drawing I posted may be a bit small for a lot of computers. If you want, I can send you a bigger picture of the drawing (I'll try my best to resize it to the size you want), along with a few photoshop filters that I tried.:cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts