GM Inside News Forum banner

141 - 160 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
"Care" about what, knowing and understanding or just digging into you outright, irrational, illogical stupidity!?

OK, I'll play your game................

"GM is perfect, none of this is their fault, all of their suppliers should be fired, they are all retarded".

Now what?

Zero, I don't even drink beer.............

We talk about all makes, but content is typically a lot wider and deeper into all things GM.

And if you want a little history, early-on the site had some aggressive moderators that established (back-door) connections in and around GM, (being a supplier for GM and access to a lot of "industry data" I was often one of those sources). As the site reached critical mass GM recognized this site as a legitimate curator of news and information, and allowed many of those same rogue bloggers, into invite-only; product introduction, drive and news events, once that happened, ethically they couldn't lead with the information from their anonymous sources, especially when one of those guys, was desperately trying to get a job at GM.
I don't care about your contributions to this site. This is where we disagree. Go on propping yourself up. Instead of pointing out the one bad thing about a vehicle I would rather focus on the points that make the vehicle great. Far to often people are obsessed with finding the negative instead of the positive.

·
Registered
20,429 Posts
I don't care about your contributions to this site. This is where we disagree. Go on propping yourself up. Instead of pointing out the one bad thing about a vehicle I would rather focus on the points that make the vehicle great. Far to often people are obsessed with finding the negative instead of the positive.
"The bad thing" we are talking about here, is the empty dealership lots, coast to coast........

And the problem goes well beyond GM, you call it critical, I call it the truth and a major problem.

I'm actually mildly entertain selling my 2 1/2 year old truck, for more than I paid for it, if I had any idea I could resolve without too much pain, I'd consider it more. My wife's new Blazer does have the tow package, so I do have a bit of flexibility there.

We are all learning about this "mess" as it goes, with little clarity on how and when it ends.

Reactions: cee and BlackGTP

·
Registered
224 Posts
"The bad thing" we are talking about here, is the empty dealership lots, coast to coast........

And the problem goes well beyond GM, you call it critical, I call it the truth and a major problem.

I'm actually mildly entertain selling my 2 1/2 year old truck, for more than I paid for it, if I had any idea I could resolve without too much pain, I'd consider it more. My wife's new Blazer does have the tow package, so I do have a bit of flexibility there.

We are all learning about this "mess" as it goes, with little clarity on how and when it ends.
If you want to then do it, just make a decision and stop talking about it. I would make a decision about buying a C8 but the ZO6 and ZR1 are not out yet. But when they are both out I will decide and pull the trigger. And further more you have or never will hear me talk about my wife's car. There's a reason for that.

Have a nice day.

·
Registered
17,452 Posts
If you want to then do it, just make a decision and stop talking about it. I would make a decision about buying a C8 but the ZO6 and ZR1 are not out yet. But when they are both out I will decide and pull the trigger. And further more you have or never will hear me talk about my wife's car. There's a reason for that.

Have a nice day.
Because you are 15 and, of course, not married? And you aren't worried about the Z06 vs. ZR1 because you don't yet have a drivers license?

·
Registered
17,452 Posts

Wow - I hadn't realized used prices were that high.

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
They are. My dealer keeps asking to buy my truck. I'm ready to upgrade, but they have nothing to replace it with. I'm 22 miles from work, so I can't walk. I've been thinking of buying a junker for a few months to bridge the gap.

Reactions: Ed753

·
Registered
17,452 Posts
They are. My dealer keeps asking to buy my truck. I'm ready to upgrade, but they have nothing to replace it with. I'm 22 miles from work, so I can't walk. I've been thinking of buying a junker for a few months to bridge the gap.
Certainly makes sense, people need replacement cars as they break down and not worth repairing. If new cars aren't available, there are plenty of used. Supply and demand is driving up the price. Definitely worth capitalizing on if you can get by with a junker!

·
Registered
20,429 Posts

Have a nice day.
The reason I brought it up was when I bought the Blazer; 2.0L Turbo doesn't have Trailer Package, the 3.6L V6 that I got does, and that was one of decisions I had made, so I could possibly manage without a truck for the "truck things" I occasionally do.

But know that you've made a point to mention your wife's car, by saying there is a reason you won't..... that begs the question...... Let me guess, a 1972 Impala?

They are stupid high, and the problem is getting worse.

What are they offering you for your Denali, you got that about 6 years ago if I recall?

Certainly makes sense, people need replacement cars as they break down and not worth repairing. If new cars aren't available, there are plenty of used. Supply and demand is driving up the price. Definitely worth capitalizing on if you can get by with a junker!
Used car prices are up a lot too, my neighbor needs a new car, and he also needs one for his daughter when she goes away to school in the fall, used car prices are insane too, I had found him a Fusion Energi in Titanium Trim last fall for like $18,000 today an equivalent one is $25,000 and harder to find.

Reactions: Neanderthal

·
Registered
17,452 Posts
The reason I brought it up was when I bought the Blazer; 2.0L Turbo doesn't have Trailer Package, the 3.6L V6 that I got does, and that was one of decisions I had made, so I could possibly manage without a truck for the "truck things" I occasionally do.

But know that you've made a point to mention your wife's car, by saying there is a reason you won't..... that begs the question...... Let me guess, a 1972 Impala?

They are stupid high, and the problem is getting worse.

What are they offering you for your Denali, you got that about 6 years ago if I recall?

Used car prices are up a lot too, my neighbor needs a new car, and he also needs one for his daughter when she goes away to school in the fall, used car prices are insane too, I had found him a Fusion Energi in Titanium Trim last fall for like $18,000 today an equivalent one is $25,000 and harder to find.
Wow! If I could get away with it, I'd consider selling my car. Sadly, I can't....

·
Registered
12,780 Posts
Used car prices are insane right now

Over here anything thats a 4x4 is like gold

People cannot get Landcruiser 200 so even second hand ones are fetching close to 6 figures

·
Registered
818 Posts
It is that way with most everything they sell around here portfolio-wise , and it ain't just the GM dealers either. Sad.
I'm not a Ford fan but yesterday I test drove a new Ranger. Local Ford dealer has 15 on his lot.
Toyota dealer has 5 Tacoma's. Nissan dealer has 18 Frontiers, but everyone is waiting for the new one.

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
Maybe I could drive a Camaro for a few months? I'd just need to find a way to tow my boat...

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
So the industry that builds cars did not run their respective companies well enough to foresee a problem in the future. Right?

If a fleet manager has a contract with GM and now GM cannot supply the vehicles, it is GM's fault, correct?
as a fleet manager 2020 I order 20 pickups with the option to order 20 more in 2021 and 2021 comes around and I tell GM this year I want 5 NOT my 20 and take my 5
and later in the year go back and say I want 25 please supply them what do you think will happen IF GM sold those 15 other trucks to my neighbour and HAS NO MORE trucks
I loose and can NOT go to FORD/TOYOTA because of the 2+ year wait to make there truck work with my systems
yes IF GM decided to NOT supply the 20 trucks we ordered and NOT cancelled it would be 100% the suppliers fault / breach of contract but GM reduced the chips they ordered and the suppliers supplied that chip capacity to a different customer

we saw the shortages coming last winter and ORDERED MORE tractors not less and pulled up our next orders to compensate for the longer delays to receive the next batch

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Maybe I could drive a Camaro for a few months? I'd just need to find a way to tow my boat...
I wish GM would hurry up and make a "MOAB" edition of the Camaro complete with trailer package already.

Truckman, why not just buy a used truck or minivan to trailer your boat,well depending on how big your boat is.

141 - 160 of 175 Posts