GM Inside News Forum banner

121 - 140 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Because the industry that builds computer chip did not run their respective companies well enough to foresee a problem in the future. Which is their job, not the companies paying for the service.

This is easier than it looks, your making this to complicated. Not sure you can handle this type of thinking.

Company hires company to build and deliver a product. If the product doesn't arrive on time and in usable condition. Then the fault lies with the company that was hired in the first place not the company paying for the service.

So answer this question, who hired who to build chips?

So the industry that builds cars did not run their respective companies well enough to foresee a problem in the future. Right?

If a fleet manager has a contract with GM and now GM cannot supply the vehicles, it is GM's fault, correct?

·
Registered
17,452 Posts
I've read an article a couple of days ago that Toyota is running low on chips for their keyless entry on the Tacomas. Now, Tacomas will be delivered with only one key fob and one standard key. It was mentioned that at a later date customers could request a second fob.
Wow, this is really bad. Talk about giving the middle finger to the automotive industry. Were I the auto makes, I'd be looking into forming a consortium to build a couple of chip plants to build their own supply. Clearly the semiconductor companies are placing the auto makes as very low priority. I don't think it makes sense for any one automotive company to build their own chip factory, but, in light of this, it does seem like all the auto manufacturers pooling their resources to build chip factories is in order.

Of course that is a solution for tomorrow, doesn't help them today. I'd love to see what the long term solution is, if there is one. My guess is, once the supply chain is normalized we won't hear a peep about this topic and if there is a change in long term strategy for the auto makes.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've read an article a couple of days ago that Toyota is running low on chips for their keyless entry on the Tacomas. Now, Tacomas will be delivered with only one key fob and one standard key. It was mentioned that at a later date customers could request a second fob.
It would take a while, but I wonder if automakers could make more components modular and add features at a later date?

·
Registered
17,452 Posts
So the industry that builds cars did not run their respective companies well enough to foresee a problem in the future. Right?

If a fleet manager has a contract with GM and now GM cannot supply the vehicles, it is GM's fault, correct?
Scottie walks the true path - that's all you need to know. He has a higher purpose than we knuckle draggers can comprehend.

I think Scottie is vying for a free White Castle meal from GM for being the biggest fan.

·
Registered
12,780 Posts
I'm coming in here late but my local Ford dealer looks like a desert lot too. It's really crazy to see.
REcently bought a new car and here the Toyota yard was empty

Usually holds 170 plus new and used cars they had 6

yes

Reactions: BlackGTP

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
That's just code for the people on this site asking that you (me) get banned! This is what happens when a person comes along and doesn't think like the rest of you. So you ask for that person to be banned so you don't have to deal with them!

This sounds like a good old boy network, think and act like us or we don't like you!
I don't want you to be banned Scottie. Your brother Greg.Botts was banned and it broke my heart.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Now Toyota Tacomas Have A Key Shortage

The post contains an image of a letter from Toyota's parts division notifying dealers that there was a fire at a Tier 2 supplier for Tacoma ignition keys. The letter goes on to say that the brand expects "full recovery" by this summer.

Fortunately, Toyota appears to have a plan in place to supply a second remote to buyers at a later date via a Special Service Campaign. A Toyota spokesperson was unable to elaborate on the matter when we reached out this week.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
12,094 Posts

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
That's just code for the people on this site asking that you (me) get banned! This is what happens when a person comes along and doesn't think like the rest of you. So you ask for that person to be banned so you don't have to deal with them!

This sounds like a good old boy network, think and act like us or we don't like you!
Nah...they're not going to get you banned. At least not yet, they first have to start a little behind the scenes agreement to ignore you en masse....then comes the scanning your posts for anything offensive to report to the mods.

·
Registered
20,429 Posts
Not here to be respected. I walk a higher path.
Did you say "high" yeah maybe that's it.............

See not interested in your foolishness.
We don't have all the answers, but we do know you are indeed foolish...........

Just because we don't think like you, doesn't mean we think alike

You aren't interested in anything but your own opinion.

However, you have done one good thing! You've gotten a few members, who NEVER agree with each other, to agree that your posts make no sense.
Isn't that the crazy-truth!

I'm coming in here late but my local Ford dealer looks like a desert lot too. It's really crazy to see.
They said it was getting worse, hard to believe, but it is!

Let's start a "Save Scottieeeeee from himself" drive!
o_O

Reactions: BlackGTP

·
Registered
224 Posts
Did you say "high" yeah maybe that's it.............

We don't have all the answers, but we do know you are indeed foolish...........

Just because we don't think like you, doesn't mean we think alike

Isn't that the crazy-truth!

They said it was getting worse, hard to believe, but it is!

o_O
You couldn't save me if you tried really hard.

·
Registered
20,429 Posts
Reactions: VS Ute 5Litre

·
Registered
12,780 Posts
For some reason you think I care. I am only here to support GM. Its sad a place like this doesn't promote that.
You've been told this before but its worth repaeting

This is not a GM fanboi site

GM inside news is exactly that

The "insiders" are the ones you think don 't know anything ;)

·
Registered
12,780 Posts
Then take the GM off the site and just call it news. Then I would agree with you.
So the site should only praise GM and not be critical when they **** up?

Are you insane?

You certainly act insane or perhaps this might be the problem/

Reactions: Mr.Buttons

·
Registered
224 Posts
So the site should only praise GM and not be critical when they **** up?

Are you insane?

You certainly act insane or perhaps this might be the problem/

View attachment 63581
Then why do you insist on putting GM name on this site? I bet the people on this site have done more drugs that I ever have! My number is zero! Whats your number?

If you talk bad about GM then I have no use for you. See I would rather point out the great points of GM instead of nitpicking the bad points.

Like I said just call it news.

·
Registered
20,429 Posts
For some reason you think I care. I am only here to support GM. Its sad a place like this doesn't promote that.
"Care" about what, knowing and understanding or just digging into you outright, irrational, illogical stupidity!?

OK, I'll play your game................

"GM is perfect, none of this is their fault, all of their suppliers should be fired, they are all retarded".

Now what?

Then why do you insist on putting GM name on this site? I bet the people on this site have done more drugs that I ever have! My number is zero! Whats your number?
Zero, I don't even drink beer.............

If you talk bad about GM then I have no use for you. See I would rather point out the great points of GM instead of nitpicking the bad points.

Like I said just call it news.
We talk about all makes, but content is typically a lot wider and deeper into all things GM.

And if you want a little history, early-on the site had some aggressive moderators that established (back-door) connections in and around GM, (being a supplier for GM and access to a lot of "industry data" I was often one of those sources). As the site reached critical mass GM recognized this site as a legitimate curator of news and information, and allowed many of those same rogue bloggers, into invite-only; product introduction, drive and news events, once that happened, ethically they couldn't lead with the information from their anonymous sources, especially when one of those guys, was desperately trying to get a job at GM.

121 - 140 of 175 Posts