GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GM may start putting junkyards out of business with its new GM Service 350 V8. The crate engine V8 is designed as a low-buck replacement for work trucks and vans. Built around a brand new four-bolt block with new cylinder heads and block castings, as well as a forged crankshaft, new valve covers, and more, […]
The post Chevy Introduces Low-Cost Small Block for Clapped Out Work Trucks appeared first on GM Inside News.

More...

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Did the SnoozeBot actually put out an interesting article before the rest of the site????

This might also be an option for people looking for a cheap, reliable V8 engine to mod.

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
what sort of price is "cheap" as a junkyard V8 is often $400 +/- AND work trucks are available for $4000 if you look around
but hay it is a good start
NOW how about the GMT800's with "worn out" 6.0L that need replacement (me thinks that one will sell VERY WELL and NOT end in a clapped out work truck (-:

·
Premium Member
35,457 Posts
Wonder if this would pry into my Soul?

Reactions: plymouthcranbrook

·
Premium Member
11,273 Posts
The existing 350 service engine is ~$2,800, I wonder if the new engine replaces that
but offers more like the steel crank and new block/heads.

·
Premium Member
35,457 Posts
The existing 350 service engine is ~$2,800, I wonder if the new engine replaces that
but offers more like the steel crank and new block/heads.
I saw a headline talking about this engine and a $45,000 C8 Corvette.

·
Premium Member
11,273 Posts
Yeah, like most casual observers, Corvette Blogger thinks it's just stick an engine in and off we go.
Oh for the good old days of sneakily ordering big block options.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts