GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you work for GM/Chevy in some capacity what is the real skinny on the Impala/Monte? Are they going to RWD in 2006/7 or are they staying FWD and just getting a facelift? I keep seeing different opinions.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
The chevy Wbody twins are supposed to get a mild face lift this year along with a new interior. Now I think the IMPY is supposed to move to RWD around 08 or 09, the Monte is not being discussed outside GM AT ALL right now. We don't know if the lid is just really tight or if no plans are being formulated at this time. We should see the face lift late this show season.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I will definitely keep eyes and ears out for any changes. Summer shut-down is the first 2 weeks of July, after that production starts on the 05 model year. Outside sources say Plant #1 will get a re-tooling for the Monte Carlo for 05. Plant #2 which assenbles the new Grand Prix/Buick regal/century will obviously get the re-tooling for the new Buick replacement (USA's LeSabre,Canada's Allure). The 05 Grand Prix GXP I seen last month looked real tight and hopefully there will a pilot Chevy roaming the area. Don't expect RWD soon though, IMHO. I'm betting GM will re-design with FWD for another model generation. As much as many of us want to see a true representative of chevrolet for NASCAR in our dealership lots (meaning RWD/V8) I doubt that will happen soon. Of course it is still too early to say but that is what I feel GM has planned. Keep in mind the Impala and MC are assembled on the same line, so what you do with one you have to do with the other. If you hear the Impala is going RWD for 08-09 then expect the Monte Carlo to do the same and vice versa.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Originally posted by cyboexpo2002+Jan 31 2004, 08:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cyboexpo2002 @ Jan 31 2004, 08:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SS4EVER@Feb 1 2004, 01:12 AM
the new Buick replacement (USA's LeSabre,Canada's Allure)
You mean LaCrosse, not LeSabre :D [/b][/quote]
:D oops, sorry...I'll have another beer... :mf_boff:

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I hope they get something this year. I am soooo sick and tired of looking @ the MC weird looking headlights and taillights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts