GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have always wanted to try this because the line to cut away a trunk is already there.

Bear with my use of Microsoft paint please :) Comments are welcome.
Longer Wheel Base Edit:

Original Image:

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
funny, the c-pillar sort of reminds me of the new 9-5's

Overall, I think it is a very interesting idea, but some of the details need a little more work to make them fit in with a sedan-sized vehicle.

I feel like the fender bulges need to be toned down a bit, and the wheels need to grow, or the bulges need to shrink to take a little more of the gap away. I also think that the fender bulges should also keep their round shape rather than the slight oval shape you have given them.

Other than those few items, cool idea and I'd love to see you expand upon it!

-Chase

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
What if it kept its ground clearance (Subaru Outback sedan)

·
Registered
351 Posts
The first thing that came to my mind was "SAAB 95". That's certainly not a bad thing.

In a way, I quite like the over-the-top flared wheel-arches. Gives it some character. :yup:

If I was being picky, I would tell you to shorten the front overhang to give it a more RWD appearance, but overall I think you did great for MS Paint.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The first thing that came to my mind was "SAAB 95". That's certainly not a bad thing.

In a way, I quite like the over-the-top flared wheel-arches. Gives it some character. :yup:

If I was being picky, I would tell you to shorten the front overhang to give it a more RWD appearance, but overall I think you did great for MS Paint.
:yup: I agree. It looks good with the huge fender arches. This is an interesting idea.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Give it RWD proportions, and it could come off as a 300C competitor. It looks to have that certain "bling" factor and upright stance that the 300 does. Interesting design study!

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
hm, my post from earlier didnt save, but that is very interesting. a 300C competitor is exactly what I was thinking as it as that chunkyness to it. Only thing is Chevy doesn't need a "luxury" anything, thats what buick and Caddy are for. But, pretty cool idea anyway

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the helpful feedback :) I will try to make better rear wheel drive proportions this week sometime. All the comments are greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had time to fix up the design so here is a longer wheel base with better RWD proportions.:)

Let me know what you think.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts