GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not real recent, but I didn't see it here.

Illustrated Chevy Cruze

Last week two official photos of the 2010 Chevrolet Cruze — the Cobalt replacement — leaked onto the Web. Unfortunately, the images are extremely low resolution, so we asked our illustrator to create some high-resolution recreations for your viewing pleasure, ahead of the official October debuted.

As expected, the Cruze will take styling cues from the new Malibu, and promises to be a much sharper car than the current Cobalt.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/chevrolet-cruze.html

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
this is old.....:repost:

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
Come on GMI Choppers. Ya'll can do better than that.:yup:
I have to agree there. The angles on that sketch are a mess!

What's with Chevy doing very VWesque tail lights lately? :confused:

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
MonaroSS......are you out there? We could use some help with the chops! ;)

This guy may have screwed up the front end a bit......but man, it looks like he peeled the back end off a BMW......looks overall like a 3-series with a chunkier front end to me.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

This guy may have screwed up the front end a bit......but man, it looks like he peeled the back end off a BMW......looks overall like a 3-series with a chunkier front end to me.
different colors would be nice to see too.

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
I've checked out the guy's renderings and can see all the errors he's made. It would be easy to change most of them, which are mainly he has made all the edges way too sharp which I could soften with a little airbrushing. And things like the too thickened A pillars are a quick change too. As is the too small grille and misplaced wheels.

Basically he's over drawn it and left too little of the original pic behind and changed the true shapes of the panels and how they relate to light/shadow. So he's lost the true form.

Problem is that it's one thing to mess with copyright on photo's, which everyone does, but I'm not sure I should mess with this guy's pic which Leftlane paid for, or whether GMI should host it without permission.

Otherwise I can take the spy shot and clean off all the camo myself and show a more realistic pic. But that takes a little time, which I can do over the weekend.

;)

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
I've checked out the guy's renderings and can see all the errors he's made. It would be easy to change most of them, which are mainly he has made all the edges way too sharp which I could soften with a little airbrushing. And things like the too thickened A pillars are a quick change too. As is the too small grille and misplaced wheels.

Basically he's over drawn it and left too little of the original pic behind and changed the true shapes of the panels and how they relate to light/shadow. So he's lost the true form.

Problem is that it's one thing to mess with copyright on photo's, which everyone does, but I'm not sure I should mess with this guy's pic which Leftlane paid for, or whether GMI should host it without permission.

Otherwise I can take the spy shot and clean off all the camo myself and show a more realistic pic. But that takes a little time, which I can do over the weekend.

;)
Then you can sell it to Leftlane! :yup::D

·
Registered
11,887 Posts

I had some time and this front shot was an easy one. I'll have a go at the profile soon....

;)

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
I had some time and this front shot was an easy one. I'll have a go at the profile soon....

;)
Crap! The Bow-Tie fell off already :( Actually a guy I work(ed) with has an Equinox with the grille like that. The top and bottom details are on the cross bar, but the Bow-Tie is just gone.

·
Premium Member
9,366 Posts
Yeah, I don't remember seeing this posted before here. Looks pretty good though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts