GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a new Chevy Camaro or Malibu? Good luck! You may now find dealer demos listed in your local new vehicle online search at Chevy.com. Note also the massive drop below in Malibu incentives. Not more than 18 months ago, the $1000 shown was $4000! There are NO current Camaro cash offers, just 2.49% financing for 72 months. There seems to be good news however regarding the Camaro - Many of the updated listings show new units now in transit.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
13,198 Posts
I noticed this the other day checking inventory in a 500 mile radius. I guess they are getting quite desperate for "new" vehicles to sell.

·
Registered
7,235 Posts
The lot at Mike Reichenbach Chevrolet near here in Bluffton, SC, is so empty that you have to wonder how they're staying in business. They have almost nothing to sell.

Big difference in merchandise. But the Trek dealer where I bought my bicycle in 2018 went out of business because they had too little to sell to stay in business.

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
I wish the Impala was still around instead of that Malibu. It is hideous.

#RandomComment
I wouldn't say the Malibu is hideous...it's just an exercise in mediocrity, a lesson on how to build a middling car that stands out in no ways at all. And it looks flat out cheap in every trim other than Premier, but that Premier trim is so ridiculously overpriced that no one ever buys it in that trim to the point that every Malibu you see on the road looks rental spec:

·
Registered
2014 BMW 320i; 2015 Chevy Spark EV (wife's car)
3,963 Posts
I wouldn't say the Malibu is hideous...it's just an exercise in mediocrity, a lesson on how to build a middling car that stands out in no ways at all.
+1
Chevy Malibu exemplifies "the car for folks who'd prefer not to think about cars" better than almost anything else in autodom.

Compared to the year of introduction, ninth gen Malibu sales in CY 2020 declined 55% in the U.S. market, 63% in the China domestic market, and 80% in the South Korea market.

Reactions: 1958carnut

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
The lot at Mike Reichenbach Chevrolet near here in Bluffton, SC, is so empty that you have to wonder how they're staying in business. They have almost nothing to sell.
Maybe the fixed operations portions of the business (service and parts) are keeping the lights on at Mike Reichenbach Chevy? Fixed ops is typically the most profitable business unit of a new vehicle dealership.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
13,198 Posts
+1
Chevy Malibu exemplifies "the car for folks who'd prefer not to think about cars" better than almost anything else in autodom.

Compared to the year of introduction, ninth gen Malibu sales in CY 2020 declined 55% in the U.S. market, 63% in the China domestic market, and 80% in the South Korea market.
Mundane styling and typical gm tactics of not updating and/or changing it in a timely manner. Somewhat droopy styling accent lines don't help when compared to more "perky" designs from Ford, H/K as well :(. ...Sad in a way, because I really do like the thing.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Sad in a way, because I really do like the thing.
I agree 1958carnut. Having rented several ninth gen Malibus myself, I do appreciate how user friendly and inoffensive the car is. One can get quickly accustomed to the operating characteristics of a Chevy Malibu without ever touching the owners manual.

It certainly would be nice if GM would add one dollop of "fun to drive" to Malibu and liven up its styling inside and out, while preserving the car's easy to use nature.

Reactions: 1958carnut
1 - 9 of 9 Posts