GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a Chevy Colorado -- It should arrive at the end of the month. Does anyone know what size exhaust pipes these trucks come with from the factory (2.00 inch/2.25 inch/2.5 inch etc.)????

Also, are there any aftermarket exhaust systems for this new truck? I've got a Colorado regular cab ZQ8 with the 5 speed manual with Inline 5 if that helps.

:D

·
Banned
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Originally posted by LakeMichigan@May 11 2004, 03:05 PM
they have 2.5" coming out for the tailpipe...I am not personnally aware of a "performance" system out yet for the Colorado/Canyon...but beware...especially on these new vehicles with OBD II, I know of an issue where a Yukon owner added Gibson(?) exhaust and then driveability issues occured...the problem...lack of "back pressure", and GM wouldn't cover it, as it was "modified from it's original design intent"...cruddy as that sounds, keep that in mind...FYI
What kind of drivability issue was it? Was is a cold weather problem??? If it was, I wouldn't be too concerned about it because I'm down here in Florida.

I was simply planning to swap out the muffler, nothing too extreme (leaving the stock pipes). I was planning on installing a Flowmaster 50 series delta flow.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Sweet ride, hope you got it in black! Anyways, I would contact GM with that question directly. They could probably reccomend you a proper exhaust kit for your Colorado.

E-mail this guy:

[email protected]

He is the "Product (Trucks)/Vehicle Line Executive" according to GM's Media Contact site. Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
ahahah LACK of backpressure!! All Gibson exhaust systems are 50 state legal and the lack of back pressure is BS. The lack of scavaging or exhaust velocity, ok, but back pressure is bad, umkay? My friend put the same set up on this 98 Silvarado, and there was ZERO problem with his car. There are tons of people who do it, and I have never heard of such a problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts