GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Cobalt in a second. The Focus is okay I suppose, but since it was watered down it has become a lot less desirable. The Cobalt is a better effort.

But then, maybe I'd just take a Civic, which is what both of them want to be when they grow up.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Like I said before, Ford took the cool out of the Focus's walk. I would take the Cobalt Coupe over the Focus 3dr.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Exterior appearance- Focus. (the Cobalt is a bit too soft, imo)

Interior- Cobalt, by a country mile.

overall- Cobalt. It just looks more desirable.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
It's funny... I didn't like the Focus at all when it came out, but now that they've dumbed it down I miss the old one. Lutz said a while ago that the Focus was aging well, and he's right (well was until they changed it). If buying one of the two tomorrow it'd be a Cobalt. As for 'all-new' car worries, NOTHING can be worse than the N.A. Focus was out of the gate, so I wouldn't be worried.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
The "new" Focus is horrible IMO. Ford should've just brought the new EU one here!

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
I like the exterior of the Focus 4-dr. much more than I do the Cobalt 4-dr.

Interior wise, I am mixed because I know that the Focus has excellent fit-and-finish on the interior, but I have not seen a Cobalt interior in person.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I wouldn't even consider either 4 door and I would take the Cobalt coupe over the ZX3. Why does GM use a body colored B-Pillar when everone else uses a blacked out pillar to lessen the look of the 3 rear doors? I wonder when the New Focus will be here because it's been getting rave reviews.

·
Registered
43,960 Posts
I've driven the Focus, and was not very impressed with it. And I was pretty shocked that people actually said that it was a solid car. it was a rickety bucket on wheels.
I haven't driven a Cobalt... and probably wont unless I rent one. But from my experience with the Focus... I wouldn't get one. So I'd prefer the Cobalt.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I actually like both. Id have a hard time deciding. However before when it was hte Cavalier, I wouldnt go within 30 feet of a Cavy. Ugly piece of **************** that was.

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
Before anything in this comparo, I would take the Cobalt. The Focus is nothing but a really weak European verison and a driving death trap. Ford of N.A. really messed up the successful Focus, destroyed it, and made it dangerous. With all the federal investigations I'm surprised it's still for sale.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
yeah the focus used to look alittle sporty and now it looks very generic and simple. It isn't attractive at all even the interior is a let down. Cobalt is gonna crush this thing to nothing. Im glad they messed up the Focus more room for Cobalt to sell and rule.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Ford could have taken all that development money used for the GT, and brought the new Mazda 3 Focus here to the US. Whats the point of having a halo car when the car line up is old and outdated.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Swahili said:
Ford of N.A. really messed up the successful Focus, destroyed it, and made it dangerous. With all the federal investigations I'm surprised it's still for sale.
I've been out of the loop for far too long. What federal investigations have there been / are there concerning the Focus?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts