GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Saw this today on autoblog:

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/03/20/chevy-prices-cobalt-ss-coupe-from-22-995/

GM has promised us that it would no longer abuse the SS name, and one of the first examples of that pledge is the Cobalt SS. The turbocharged coupe carries a wallop with 260 hp, and all that power can be used to propel the Cobalt SS to 60 in 5.7 seconds or get you around the 'Ring in a very respectable 8:22. Those are very solid performance numbers, and with a starting price of $22,995, the Cobalt SS delivers a pretty strong value statement, as well.

Besides a toned-down rear spoiler and an improved 2.0L turbocharged powerplant, standard features include air conditioning, stability control, OnStar and XM Satellite Radio. If you're into Cobalt luxury, you can add a sunroof, high-wing rear spoiler, audio system, and limited-slip differential and still keep the price under $26k. We're looking forward to seeing for ourselves if the Cobalt SS is worthy of the Super Sport name, but at $22,995 we can already say the price of entry is competitive.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
If you're into Cobalt luxury, you can add a sunroof, high-wing rear spoiler, audio system, and limited-slip differential and still keep the price under $26k.
The upgraded audio system is standard and included into the $23,000 price!!! The only real options you have are the $450 LSD, the $190 wing, and the $800 sunroof. So with all options it will come in at $24,500, not $26,000! (not includung T,T,L of course)

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Seems like a pretty fair price. Actually, a great price if you're looking for bang for the buck. That engine has a hell of a lot of technology behind it.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
When can we expect a refresh though? That and the Impala are in dire need of one!

·
Registered
672 Posts
So what's that equal up here in Canada, like $27,000!!? You Americans are so lucky, Id buy one in a second if it started at 22 grand.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Give me the Sedan,L.S.D.,and sunroof for under $26000 Cdn. and it might,just might be my next purchase instead of the HHR SS.

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
Ha Ha
Someday you'll get that Cobalt youve wanted for the past couple years...
maybe you didn't read my sig.

*BOTH* parents of mine agreed to let me order one then!:D So its official, barring me getting paralyzed, dying, or them losing their jobs...

I'm ordering the 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Turbocharged Victory Red, LSD, Sunroof, High Rise Spoiler (and if speculation on cobaltss.net is true maybe the revised (chrome?) rims)

CobaltSS

·
Registered
3,285 Posts

*BOTH* parents of mine agreed to let me order one then!:D So its official, barring me getting paralyzed, dying, or them losing their jobs...

I'm ordering the 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Turbocharged Victory Red, LSD, Sunroof, High Rise Spoiler (and if speculation on cobaltss.net is true maybe the revised (chrome?) rims)

CobaltSS
What revised rims? The ones on the SS pre-pro. car are awesome, they are Z06 style & everything! What better wheels could there be?

·
Registered
464 Posts

CobaltSS

Congrats! :hyper:

·
Registered
112 Posts
This just might be my next vehicle instead of a truck. Planned on trading in the Tahoe in a year or two for a truck, but ever since the news that the cobalt ss was going turbo came out I've been wanting one more and more. Especially since I saw that it's going to get 30mpg highway....a lot better than the 12 I'm getting in the hoe right now. Plus GM has had plenty of time to work the bugs out. My old SS started having some problems that I really didn't want to deal with which is why I'm driving an 04 Tahoe around now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts