1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
General Motors
October 8, 2021

(Email to Chevy Bolt owners, October 8, 2021):

We are grateful for your patience as we work to advance solutions for your Chevrolet Bolt EV/EUV. Our team is diligently working on solutions to address key concerns we know you are having during this time.

Initial replacement battery modules for Bolt EVs and Bolt EUVs have begun shipping to certain Chevrolet EV dealers. If your battery was manufactured during specific build timeframes where we believe battery defects appear to be clustered, you will be among the first to be scheduled for repair.

Once your replacement battery modules are available, you will receive a communication from us asking you to contact your preferred Chevrolet EV dealer to schedule a service appointment. Once service is complete, your battery will be covered by an 8‑year/100,000-mile limited parts warranty. The battery module repair will take approximately two days to complete, and we will provide courtesy or rental vehicle transportation to you during the replacement procedure. Your dealer will have more details regarding transportation options.

The service will be performed by Chevrolet dealer technicians who are specially trained in EV service and who have received detailed instructions on completing these hardware repairs. We are also on track to begin roll out of a new advanced diagnostic software by mid-November. Once your software is available, you will receive a communication from us asking you to contact your preferred Chevrolet EV dealer to schedule a service appointment to have the software installed.

The diagnostic will be designed to detect specific abnormalities that might indicate a damaged battery in Bolt EV and EUVs by: monitoring the battery performance; alerting customers of any anomalies; and prioritizing damaged batteries for replacement. It is our intent that further diagnostic software will allow customers to return to a 100% state of charge once all diagnostic processes are complete. In the meantime, please look out for follow-up communications with an update on your vehicle.

For any additional questions visit www.chevy.com/boltevrecall or contact the Chevrolet EV Concierge at 1-833-EVCHEVY (available Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. – midnight ET; Saturday and Sunday, from noon – 9 p.m. ET) or contact your preferred Chevrolet EV dealer.

We sincerely appreciate your patience and loyalty as we continue our journey to an all-electric future.

Steve Hill Vice President, Chevrolet

·
Premium Member
36,179 Posts
Thank you for your patience. Bwaaahahahahahahahahaaaaaa!!! :LOL::giggle:

Like they have a choice. Patient or impatient, it won't change the timeline.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
My niece loves her Bolt.

Ultium better perform flawlessly.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I miss mine, would love to get it back. I let my dealer talk me into selling it back due to a module that is inside the battery pack needing replaced and they weren't sure when it would arrive and they weren't going to let me use the loaner that long. Turns out it took 2 1/2 months to get the part, now the new batteries are coming. Sigh.

BEV's may not be for everyone (nor should they be) but I loved mine and I WILL replace it with another EV (not sure which one just yet). Right now, I pull into my garage and the 240V charger is just, like, mocking me. hahaha Loved leaving the house with a "full tank", no oil or filter changes, no belts, no transmission fluid/filter changes, the idea of probably never having to replace the brake pads......spending $14 a month on transportation vs. the $60-$75 I spend now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts