GM Inside News Forum banner

221 - 224 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
20,119 Posts
Re: Chevy Blazer Review: "How could something so cheap-feeling cost so much?"

Just shuffling around some of the trims, option packages, and adding a tweener engine would do the Blazer a world of good (assuming that there were some price cuts in the mix). As it stands, it gets too pricey too quickly.
Such as, 2.0L Turbo? Wouldn't save GM much, doubt they could price it much more attractively.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts

Well... I've just returned from the local Chevy dealer. They just got a new Blazer in and it was sitting in their drop off area unlocked, a White Premier AWD V6. I got in played with everything I could including dropping the rear seats, lifting the cover to see the spare, adjusting the power seat to fit me and getting in behind then adjusting the rake of the back seat. Checked out the console inside-a bit small I thought, glove box must've been locked-it wouldn't open, opened and shut all the doors and hood plus rear hatch and shut them. This thing is not cheap IMPO. It's a damn nice vehicle. Naysayers can keep their opinions on it but I'm truly impressed, even if I think the pricing gets me to flinch, there's always used coming around for those. Vehicle Details
VIN: 3GNKBKRS3KS612165
MSRP Standard Vehicle Price $45,600.00
INSTALLED OPTIONS TOTAL $4,945.00
Summit White $0.00
Jet Black, Perforated Leather-Appointed seat trim $0.00
Floor Liner Package $210.00
Sun and Wheels Package $2,495.00
Chrome wheel locks $75.00
Driver Confidence II Package $2,165.00
Destination Freight Charge $1,195.00
TOTAL MSRP $51,740.00
Purchase Bonus Cash 1 -$2,000.00
PRICE* $49,740
I'm sorry but I would much rather have the XT5 than this as it's a much nicer vehicle in every single way except for styling (of which I still find it attractive). You can also score a better deal on one so you wouldn't pay nearly as much and have a better warranty and service to boot.

·
Registered
608 Posts

Such as, 2.0L Turbo? Wouldn't save GM much, doubt they could price it much more attractively.
The 2.0L Turbo is a possibility. The HP/Torque figures would slot nicely between the engines already offered.

·
Premium Member
35,458 Posts

I'm sorry but I would much rather have the XT5 than this as it's a much nicer vehicle in every single way except for styling (of which I still find it attractive). You can also score a better deal on one so you wouldn't pay nearly as much and have a better warranty and service to boot.
Yeah, but all those cool Real Dipsticks, Not Actors people just swoon and giggle :clap: and get The Vapors over this thing. Doesn't that mean anything to you?

221 - 224 of 224 Posts