GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
I think that looks sweet, and a lot like the first blazer's.
eg.
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
12,770 Posts
Yeah, I think the "full size" Blazers got a little bloated during the 80's, and lost the original theme of light-footed, raw, and convertible. They became more like 2 door Suburbans (Tahoes). Tahoes are cool and all, but hardly like the original simple, topless Blazers of the 60's.

I like this idea of a Jeep like vehicle more.
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
7,759 Posts
Originally posted by Ming@Dec 10 2003, 11:31 PM
Yeah, I think the "full size" Blazers got a little bloated during the 80's, and lost the original theme of light-footed, raw, and convertible. They became more like 2 door Suburbans (Tahoes). Tahoes are cool and all, but hardly like the original simple, topless Blazers of the 60's.

I like this idea of a Jeep like vehicle more.
The 70's and 80's Blazers are nearly identical. I know that my Blazer is a convertavle, just unscrew the 8 lugnuts, and there ya go!!
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
12,770 Posts
Originally posted by TaHoE@Dec 11 2003, 10:08 AM
The 70's and 80's Blazers are nearly identical. I know that my Blazer is a convertavle, just unscrew the 8 lugnuts, and there ya go!!
Didn't they have to add more weight and structure to the roof to comply with some government safety regulation? (rollover?)

And wasn't the curb weight of the 60's Blazers a lot less than in the 80's? The 70's and 80's Blazers (from 1973 was it?) yeah , they were a lot alike.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,017 Posts
looks pretty slick, I think it mite be a good idea to put a Jeep grille on it and market it as a new cherokee....just an idea...that thing could own offroad....I can see it now...3 inch lift with 38" all-terrains *grunt, grunt*
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,037 Posts
Originally posted by bakerna@Dec 11 2003, 10:01 PM
looks pretty slick, I think it mite be a good idea to put a Jeep grille on it and market it as a new cherokee....just an idea...that thing could own offroad....I can see it now...3 inch lift with 38" all-terrains *grunt, grunt*
Jeep is a DaimlerChrysler brand... do you mean they should make it?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,017 Posts
something similar would be kool....too bad mopar owns jeep...I loved the cherokee...it looked kool...stupid mopar executives

I'm not sure what I was smoking with that other post...musta thought jeep was GM or sumthing...*sigh* too bad they aren't....
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top