GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the announcment last week of a small 'kei' sized 1.4 turbo to be built in Lordstown, and a rumour of it being the Beat, now it being spotted on set of TF2, can we really being seeing it here soon?
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/06/09/chevy-beat-in-transformers-2/
You know how there was a question of whether or not we'd ever see the Chevy Beat for sale in North America? The answer to that question is looking more like a big fat yes. Of course, a subcompact like the Beat makes perfect sense in a landscape where gas is selling for well over $4 a gallon in many areas. Our quasi-confirmation comes not from El Generalissimo, however, but from the set of Transformers 2, which was recently given its tagline: Revenge of the Fallen. In the photo above, next to Bumblebee, is the Chevy Beat -- partially covered, but the Beat nonetheless. You know what putting it in the movie does, right? It makes people want it. Last summer, it was the Camaro. Next summer, it looks like GM's gonna make the Beat a big star. You can see the above photo and more from the set at the Transformers Live Action Movie Blog.

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Re: Chevy Beat in TF2? At dealers soon???

That's a weird place to get a spy photo for an upcoming model, but it does make some sense.

I was hoping we'd also see an Autobot version of a Buell this time around, since it got cut from the first installment.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

**WARNING! GEEK ALERT BELOW!**

Im hoping the Beat will be Cliffjumper from Gen1 TF:RID, but, they marketed Cliffjumper as a concept New Camaro in the toy-line for the live action movie. But still, hed be a perfect Cliffjumper since that was one of the memorable toys because he was small like the OE Bumblebee VW...

·
Registered
260 Posts

I hope the Beat is a freaking ninja of some kind. The Camaro was also bada$$ in the DVD when the movie came out. Oh, so...the movie came out and the DVD came out this passed Christmas...and the Camaro still isnt with us.

I guess I hope the Beat is not actually in the movie since it is not going to wrap for another 16 months and then we see the car 16 months after that?!!

:( I want a Beat becuase the Aveo doesnt cut it for me in comparison. Come on new Cobalt! Please be hot.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts

I guess I hope the Beat is not actually in the movie since it is not going to wrap for another 16 months and then we see the car 16 months after that?!!
Darn, you beat me to it (no pun intended).

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
If it is the Beat, I hope it gets more of an important role than the Solstice did in TF1 --- the Solstice pretty much got creamed and did little else except look pretty. :)

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I hope this car does come out and erase our minds of the fugly Aveo. But please let's rename it something else. We already have a Vibe, do we really need a Beat too?

·
Registered
550 Posts

**WARNING! GEEK ALERT BELOW!**

Im hoping the Beat will be Cliffjumper from Gen1 TF:RID, but, they marketed Cliffjumper as a concept New Camaro in the toy-line for the live action movie. But still, hed be a perfect Cliffjumper since that was one of the memorable toys because he was small like the OE Bumblebee VW...

Wow. I remember hiding this in my desk at school lol..

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If it is the Beat, I hope it gets more of an important role than the Solstice did in TF1 --- the Solstice pretty much got creamed and did little else except look pretty. :)
According to plot synopsis's (synopsii?) on-line, Jazz will be resurected and will return in TF2 which is to be underlined 'Revenge of the Fallen'...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Curious to know what autobot this will be, Good marketing move on GMS part with the success of the Camaro in the first one.. Although I think the public has forgotten there is a real version being built.. The first one ROCKED cant wait for the sequel..!

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
It's the compact Epica; they announced it last week. Sorry no Beat.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I actually like the name Vibe, and would have bought one if it wasn't a Corrolla wagon (and I could afford it). Beat sounds good, better than...well...Chevette...

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Interesting post but I can't help but think there is more to this story then meets the eye.... (Sooo lame). Moving on...

Hope GM bring the car to market ASAP and change the name to something less beat. (the humanity).

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
So the Hummer HX and the Beat are going to be in Transformer 2. I guess I have a couple of more reasons to go see Transformers 2.

·
Registered
7,686 Posts
A $10,000 Chevy beat that gets 42MPG on the highway compared to a $21,500 Prius that gets 45MPG on the highway...........

Yes city mileage is going to be much higher on the prius then it is going to be on this beat however some people the Beat is for the poor while the Prius is for the better off.

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
SPOILER ALERT. SOME NEW BAD GUYS.

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4663&Itemid=99

and the plot synopsis from www.imdb.com

"The battle for Earth has ended but the battle for the universe has just begun. After returning to Cybertron, Starscream assumes command of the Decepticons, and has decided to return to Earth with force. The Autobots believing that peace was possible finds out that Megatron's dead body has been stolen from the US Military by Skorpinox and revives him using his own spark. Now Megatron is back seeking revenge and with Starscream and more Decepticon reinforcements on the way, the Autobots with reinforcements of their own, may have more to deal with then meets the eye."

cant wait for this movie.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts