GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Has anyone else seen the AUGUST issue of Consumer Reports? Unless the 5-door Chevy AVEO is COMPLETELY different than the LS 4-door model, I have NO clue what they are talking about. I have experienced NONE of these symptoms!

...has an unpleasant tendency to rock from side to side. Road, tire, and wind noise are fairly pronounced.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by banzai79@Jul 5 2004, 09:57 PM
What do you expect? They don't actually drive the cars the review, just look at the badge and start writing.
banzai79-

In this case, I think that's true! If that car acted the way they say it did, then it was definitely DEFECTIVE! They test these cars right here in CT somewhere around Lyme/Old Lyme, CT at some former racetrack. Maybe I'll track the place down and go there in person with my AVEO and give them a ride! :D

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
I always thought Consumer Reports rated vehicles based on how many cup holders there are, and how many storage cubbies a vehicle has.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
AutoWeek is saying bad things, as well.
I don't understand: just a few months ago, auto websites were raving the Aveo. Now AutoWeek is saying it has tight seats when it DOESN'T.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
there all just scared gm might have something that'll compete with *** traps so they write crap about it :type:.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
15,292 Posts
Odd. The early reviews I read of the Aveo stated how surprisingly quiet the car was. The Autobytel article speaks of it too.

with the turning circle a ridiculously small 16 feet, the car feels like a toy at the right time
--Is that RIGHT??? Can't be that small, can it???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts