GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a differant kind of minivan. It's a small 7 seater with a 2-3-2 seating arrangement suicide doors and a very radical shape. The APV is designed to be not so boring, and really stand out in the crowd. It looks like people in the back would have no head room but, all but the front seats are placed very low to the ground provided ample headroom to 6 footers even in the 3rd row. The APV has a price range of $18,000-$30,000 and comes with a 3.6L V6 with 250hp or you can get a supercharged version which has 315hp.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Chevy APV

armstrong said:
Soccer moms and suicide doors don't seem to fit quite right.

this is trying to shake the "soccer mom" image from minivans and appeal to a broader range

·
Registered
1,782 Posts

That looks really cool. AGRESSIVE! Have I told you before that I love the rims you draw?

·
Registered
818 Posts

i love the drawing but i have to agree with armstrong on the suicides. Not very mother mover like.

·
Registered
659 Posts

camaro chris said:
this is trying to shake the "soccer mom" image from minivans and appeal to a broader range
I can agree to appealing to a broader range but I don't think the single feature of suicide doors would bring in a significantly larger amount of buyers.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

armstrong said:
I can agree to appealing to a broader range but I don't think the single feature of suicide doors would bring in a significantly larger amount of buyers.
true. and that's why i also have the big power and agressive design too.
plus it needs them becuase it doesnt look like you could fit a big enough track for a sliding door on it.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I think that the things that lure people to buy minivans are the child proof (can't smash them into other cars) doors, size and space for their needs as well as design. You've got a good design but I think you're too concentrated on form over functionality.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gibson0852 said:
I thought you couldnt reuse old drawings... i remember seeing that one a long time ago...

i just drew this one yesterday.

maybe u are thinking of this one i did?

·
Banned
293 Posts
Oh,...YES, that's the way to go.Listen, I hear ya ! That is the right direction for GM minivans. Don't you wonder what is up with GM dropping ALL the minivans ?I think this is what they are doing, a crossover minivan thing, ...good work.Keep at it ! BTW, the color pix is better than the I guess, the older drawings you posted. GO FOR IT !

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
As a owner of a Z71 with suicide doors and a 21 month old, the doors are hard to get the kid in and out in a tight parking space. How about a gull wing instead? just kidding. If you put normal doors on the back does it become a crossover?

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Sorry I have my stupid hat on today. I forgot you don't need to open the front door on all suicide door setups.

It still maybe alittle dangerous knowing that a 10 year old could try to open the door just to see what it would do. I guess that is where the suicide part comes in play.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts