GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a buddy of mine recently purchase a 4runner. I was going to tell him to look at chevy but don't think they have anything to compete against the 4runner. shouldn't they bring on some competion:confused:

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
GM is moving away from that with the Traverse. The only thing GM had was the Tblazer. You could do the H3 Alpha. Tahoe is too big.
GM does not offer a smaller then a Tahoe, taller then a Traverse SUV due to fuel economy.

·
Registered
251 Posts
That's a tough question. What is femminan like the 4runner? A Pink H3? I'd prefer a Trailblazer, but that's not considering cost, use, etc.

·
Registered
10,431 Posts
I'd like a new Trailblazer based off the Colorado chassis with real off road capability.

Something like the Xterra would be nice, but man it up a bit. 2 doors will be plenty.

·
Premium Member
34,369 Posts
The problem with GM and Ford giving up this segment, is that , they leave a global market to Toyota, Nissan and Mitsubishi...
GM thinks local, japan thinks global

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
I'd like a new Trailblazer based off the Colorado chassis with real off road capability.

Something like the Xterra would be nice, but man it up a bit. 2 doors will be plenty.
Well, the XTerra isn't frilly by any means. Otherwise I agree. I'd say 2 doors, with rear half-doors (like the Element, Saturn coupes, RX-8, extended cab pickups, etc.) have. Such half-doors really are convenient.

·
Registered
10,431 Posts
I know its still based on the Trailblazer but the SAAB 9-7 has an upscale import flair to it. The 9-7 might be worth a look. http://www.saabusa.com/saabjsp/97x/features/exterior.jsp
The Trailblazer or Envoy would be a better competitor. The 9-7x is purely an on road vehicle.

The 4runner is a really nice SUV. I don't think anything out there can beat it for all round compotence for that price. It's a real SUV and doesn't have to be dumbed down because the Highlander sells along side of it. With the Equinox and Traverse, I see no reason as to why the Trailblazer can get some more off road credentials. That would leave Chevy and Toyota with 3 SUVs each that are off road capable.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
The problem with GM and Ford giving up this segment, is that , they leave a global market to Toyota, Nissan and Mitsubishi...
GM thinks local, japan thinks global
I don't think GM has had a strong presence in mid-size (by US standards) off-roaders globally in the past few decades (maybe ever).

LR Defender, Toyota 4Runner and various versions of lower-end Land Cruisers (Prado, II etc.), Mitsubishi Montero/Pajero/Shogun, Nissan Pathfinder and Patrol etc. have been dominanting this segment outside North America for a while now. So in a sense GM aren't "giving up" this segment globally since they never had it in the first place. Of course, it would be nice if GM had a competitive product in this segment...

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
. What is femminan like the 4runner?
A Femminan 4Runner???? A mid-size SUV with a big V6 on a manual tranny with a real off-road package is femminan? Dosent sound to fem to me. I think its great that Toyota offers stuff that people really want, like manual tranny and off-road packages and optional V8. More than I can say for most SUV's in its segment!(Xterra and H3 discluded). 4Runners are actually really cool SUV's.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
had a buddy of mine recently purchase a 4runner. I was going to tell him to look at chevy but don't think they have anything to compete against the 4runner. shouldn't they bring on some competion:confused:
Simply, no Chevy shouldn't "bring on some competition." Chevy, ala GM, needs to bring more, better small cars to the market before it develops a new SUV model.

·
Registered
17,579 Posts
A Femminan 4Runner???? A mid-size SUV with a big V6 on a manual tranny with a real off-road package is femminan? Dosent sound to fem to me. I think its great that Toyota offers stuff that people really want, like manual tranny and off-road packages and optional V8. More than I can say for most SUV's in its segment!(Xterra and H3 discluded). 4Runners are actually really cool SUV's.
Is Femminan a medicine or a planet in the Star Trek universe? Or perhaps you mean Femminem, Bosnia and Herzegovina's answer to Eminem:

http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=lUaVjnscj3I

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
Even though Chevy doesn't have anything to compete against the Toyota 4Runner, you should of told your buddy to look at the Hummer H3 instead of buying the 4Runner right away. Either way the H3's still a GM. :D And it will put the 4Runner to complete shame off-road. :yup:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
GM just needs to bring a true BOF 2 door full sized SUV back to market. I would wait in line for a new K5.

I agree though, the 4 Runner is nice, and is the ONLY Toyota I would ever consider buying.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts