GM Inside News Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,519 Posts
Navistar's Springfield plant re-opened line 1 this week, the Silverado medium duty along with the International CV and MV are back in production. Line 2 which builds the Express/Savanna cut-away trucks will re-open May 26.
Navistar is still getting bought out by Volkswagen, I would say GM should get it, it could be useful in getting contracts for GM defense.

·
Registered
349 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Traton bought Navistar out, and VW is spinning off Traton. No changes to GM-Navistar joint venture. Still rumors of a GM/Navistar class 7 truck, though likely delayed due to Covid and other factors?

·
Premium Member
33,519 Posts
Traton bought Navistar out, and VW is spinning off Traton. No changes to GM-Navistar joint venture. Still rumors of a GM/Navistar class 7 truck, though likely delayed due to Covid and other factors?
Has Traton been spun off by Volkswagen? I doubt it. Volkswagen has das Fuehrer control issues.
Volkswagen AG still controls the board. No?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
IMHO a LOT of the interest in "spark ignition" engines is OVER MAX UPTIME for example SCHOOL BUSSES where a breakdown is WORSE then the fuel cost so BIG and simple IS THE name of the game and the ROUSH V10 / PSI BIG BLOCK are port injection engines

Ambulance services are also buying into the spark ignition engines away from turbo diesel units - one dead patient because a diesel derated over a DEF issue and the lawsuits buys a LOT OF PETROL !!!!!!!!!!!
One of my Customers runs 12 Busses and recently switched to V10's, says Fuel Costs are about the same, Serving in less than 1/2 the price, and Down Time is almost vanished. He ran International Diesels with 2 Spares, which Break Downs needed to Rent extra spares at times.

I actually saw my first MD a couple of weeks ago International version. Nice looking but something feels weird (out of place dimensionally) about it

41 - 47 of 47 Posts