GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried to access the Chevrolet.com web site for two days, to check on the open safety recalls on my 2014 Impala in the owner's section. The site has remained down both days.

Anyone know why Chevrolet's web site has been down so long?

·
Registered
19,295 Posts
Doesn't work on Internet Explorer, but when I go in via Chrome it works. Probably something to do with last weeks IE update that doesn't work with the Chevy website. I can't believe IE has been out so long and it's still so buggy.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doesn't work on Internet Explorer, but when I go in via Chrome it works. Probably something to do with last weeks IE update that doesn't work with the Chevy website. I can't believe IE has been out so long and it's still so buggy.
I was unable to connect using my desktop - recently updated to IE11. I also couldn't connect using my iPad Air.

·
Registered
19,295 Posts
I was unable to connect using my desktop - recently updated to IE11. I also couldn't connect using my iPad Air.
Interesting. Either way, not good for Chevy to have it's website unavailable for IE users and Safari. But I am staring at the Chevy website on my computer using Chrome and on the same computer can't access it with IE.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting. Either way, not good for Chevy to have it's website unavailable for IE users and Safari. But I am staring at the Chevy website on my computer using Chrome and on the same computer can't access it with IE.

I guess it only affects Safari & IE - which is used extensively in the USA. I can't believe the Chevrolet / GM site has not been accessible for two days for those that use those browsers.

·
Registered
19,295 Posts
I guess it only affects Safari & IE - which is used extensively in the USA. I can't believe the Chevrolet / GM site has not been accessible for two days for those that use those browsers.
Yes, this is really bad, potential buyers in the looking via internet stage of their process are skipping over GM because they can't get to the site. Even if it results in the loss of only one sale, that is one sale to many lost.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
I have spent the last few days getting the computers in our store to connect to the Dealerworld site. I just got the last one to work. Something in the last update for i.e. caused a glitch but it not only block the GM site but ally and several others for us. Most came back on there own but 2 I had to reset to the default settings and clear the cache.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts