GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I can see it happening...maybe not right away as most rational businessmen would probably want to wait a year or so to see what kind of real-world issues crop up with not only an all-new 1st year car, but a revolutionary new type of car. Plus, they'll need to justify paying the MSRP premium over buying a Prius vs actual fuel savings over a Prius.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Nice render, but no fleet sales please.

At least for the first 2 years?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Nice render, but no fleet sales please.

At least for the first 2 years?
I think I understand where you are coming from, but in all reality, a large number of fleets will want Volts if they perform as promised. I can think of no better vehicle for metro areas than Volt Taxis (sold at full price, of course).

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I supremely doubt that even the largest cities are going to want to invest $40,000 per Volt vehicle with no "guarantee" behind it.

I don't care for the Prius, but it's been out for several years, so it at least has SOMEWHAT of a track record. And I suspect most of the Prius taxi's are the cheapest model, which starts at what...$21,000?

Hm...I just don't see this one happening for awhile. It'd be nice, but I don't think many places will think it a wise investment.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Very good ! Taxi fleets probably won't have expensive showy wheels, but I pick nits.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Love it. Cost aside, this is a great idea for big cities. Hopefully there will be some sort of tax credit so that Volt taxis can actually be made.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts