GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My scanner's being dumb, so I had to take a picture of this one.

My idea for an all-new Chevy Venture minivan. A lot of people wanted the Traverse to be a minivan. In this drawing, a lot of design elements are taken off the Traverse, from the front grille to the headlights/foglights.

There's also an Envoy XUV-ish rear cargo area. Third row seats fold into a watertight compartment in the floor, midgate/power glass pops up, half of the glass roof slides forward, and the other half slides into the tailgate.

EDITED

Thoughts/comments are appreciated.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
nice design. your wheels are rounder now just make them bigger to fit with the overall size of the vehicle. GM is losing a lot by not having a van that starts around 25K, the Traverse is just too expensive at 29K.

·
Super Moderator
21,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice design. your wheels are rounder now just make them bigger to fit with the overall size of the vehicle. GM is losing a lot by not having a van that starts around 25K, the Traverse is just too expensive at 29K.
Okay, I re-did the wheels. I traced around a quarter. :D

Also raised the hood a bit. Seemed too low on the first drawing.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
the only thing that makes it a minivan is its doors.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Seeing those lines with a car drawn on top reminds me of my school maths book, and well, most my uni books aswell now that I think of it.

I'd like to see bigger wheels, a less Prius looking back, less front overhang and maybe a more progressive front...bonnet steeper and shorter leading into windscreen. Also overall shorter and more upright. This is just me being picky, trying to help but probably sounding like a prick... I'll do something up in paint to demonstrate my idea.

Good work, keep at it.

·
Super Moderator
21,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate them. The inspiration behind this design was not only all the "Traverse should've been a minivan" things, but also picking up from what the Uplander was originally touted to be, a minivan in SUV-ish form. Obviously that failed miserably.

So that explains why this looks really crossover-ish or SUV-ish. The prius back end was completely by chance. I didn't mean for it to look that way, in fact the roofline was supposed to continue along the same line and then slope downwards into the tailgate, but that didn't look too good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts