GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought I'd get things started off right.

Chevrolet's own Alpha-based RWD/AWD subcompact-compact sedan. Vega LS/LT engine is a new 1.6L turbocharged, direct-injected I-4 good for 225hp. Vega SS engine is a revised 2.0L turbocharged, direct-injected I-4 good for 270hp. Chevrolet heritage styling throughout - small glass third window and quad taillamps on the outside, dual-****pit on the inside (I'm currently working on the inside).

·
Registered
187 Posts
I really like the proportioning on this one AJ. If you could, a front or rear 3/4 would be great to show more of the design.

·
Registered
910 Posts
That is actually very nice. It's sleek and modern. :)

·
Registered
13,163 Posts
I don't think GM will ever ever use the VEGA name ever again.. ! LOL

thanks for the drawing. you might be right and it would be a cool rwd car to own with a 2.0 liter turbo 4 pumping out 300hp..

I'd buy that !

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
225hp as the base motor in a car that small? Dang man. Buncha kids would buy this up and crash them! How expensive do you suppose would be?

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CheetahDC said:
225hp as the base motor in a car that small? Dang man. Buncha kids would buy this up and crash them! How expensive do you suppose would be?
Probably $19K for the LS, $22K for the LT, and $26K for the SS, with a fully-loaded SS topping out at about $29K with every factory option.
The Vega would be really customizable, with 16 exterior colors, 10 interior colors, and various appearance and performance packages, including a track pack.
People are willing to pay a premium for a performance car - just look at the Subaru Impreza WRXSTI, Mazdaspeed3, and the Volkswagen GTI. RWD would just make it even better.

TH16MN said:
I really like the proportioning on this one AJ. If you could, a front or rear 3/4 would be great to show more of the design.
Interior comes first. Then, if I'm bored, I'll try to make a front 3/4.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Impala money for a Vega. Some good ideas there otherwise though. Too modern for GM I'm afraid.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was very bored today (babysitting a CAD software download), so I whipped this color chart together. Like I said, sixteen exterior colors and ten interior color schemes. Every color is available for every model.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Looks really good. The proportioning is nice, and I really like the pseudo-hatch/fastback look.

I think one of my favorite designs from you so far.

-Chase

·
Registered
910 Posts
Looks really good. The proportioning is nice, and I really like the pseudo-hatch/fastback look.

I think one of my favorite designs from you so far.

-Chase

Good point. Is there any chance that this Vega is actually a hatchback (like the Mazda 6 Hatchback?)

·
Registered
757 Posts
Cool concept. A sporty RWD compact sedan for the masses. I love it.

Like some other people have already suggested, I think it would be cool if this came in a 5-door configuration instead of a notchback. Your sketch sort of reminded me of the awesome Torana TT36 Concept (although I think your sketch is superior to what I already viewed as an awesome concept car). Killer looks combined with the added utility of a hatchback would be a great combo.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts