GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
6,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1

Recently Chevrolet has announced the much-anticipated Corvette ZR1 will have a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $103,300, including the $850 destination charge. And in the current trend of higher gasoline prices, surprisingly the super Vette is able to check in with an estimated EPA fuel economy of 14 mpg city and 20 highway, not bad for a car that can rocket from 0-60 mph in just 3.4 seconds with a top speed of 205 mph.

Article Continues at Link....

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/aut...xNDkEc2VjA2ZwLXRvZGF5BHNsawMyMDA5LWNvcnZldHRl

·
Registered
15,633 Posts
You know, you look at this - and the Z06..... all the numbers for both including cost....... and you can't help wondering a bit about every other vehicle thats sold in this country......why can't they 'do' at least a little 'better' somehow.

Amazing acomplishment - and 2008 emissions legal.

Wow !

If in 1974 thru 1984 you had 'predicted' something like this - you would've been laughed off the forum - this is like science fiction come true !

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I wonder what the sales No. are for this car outside the USA

·
Premium Member
8,004 Posts

2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1

Recently Chevrolet has announced the much-anticipated Corvette ZR1 will have a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $103,300, including the $850 destination charge. And in the current trend of higher gasoline prices, surprisingly the super Vette is able to check in with an estimated EPA fuel economy of 14 mpg city and 20 highway, not bad for a car that can rocket from 0-60 mph in just 3.4 seconds with a top speed of 205 mph.

Article Continues at Link....

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/aut...xNDkEc2VjA2ZwLXRvZGF5BHNsawMyMDA5LWNvcnZldHRl
Does this mean I have a chance at beating this car off the line with my XLE? :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
That's inline with the original ZR1's $75K pricetag. However, couldn't GM release a picture in a better color? I know this is the new color for this model year, but it makes the ZR1 blend in with any other Vette.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I'm just really unimpressed. I really think the Corvette should go back to looking like a Corvette and less like a Ferrari. I have no desire to buy this car, I'd much rather have the new Camaro... and it's a lot less!

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
And $140,000 in Canada, right? :rolleyes: Pretty sweet car, but 100 grand for a Chevy interior?

Do I pull it in next to the Aveo for service? $3300 too high, the trouble will be anyone seeing the century mark on a Chevy...for GM service no less.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Do I pull it in next to the Aveo for service? $3300 too high, the trouble will be anyone seeing the century mark on a Chevy...for GM service no less.
Just the same as a GT-R owner has to pull their 3 second supercar in next to a Versa.....for Nissan service no less.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I love Corvettes - have drooled over them since the age of 4 and finally bought my first one brand spankin' new at age 32 in 2002. However, this just doesn't excite me that much. I'd be far more excited if I were to see a Cobalt that was matching the Civic and Corolla in sales while exceeding them in fuel efficiency, comfort, and value. That would make me feel far more confident that I'll be able to treat myself to a new Corvette when I retire sometime around 2040.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Just the same as a GT-R owner has to pull their 3 second supercar in next to a Versa.....for Nissan service no less.
Or not too long ago when the NSX owner pulled in next to an RSX or worse, an Integra, to get their mid-engine sports car serviced, LOL!

·
Banned
6,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Does this mean I have a chance at beating this car off the line with my XLE? :D
Are you racing the Consumer Reports testers?
If so, then the answer is yes.
You'll have a 5 second advantage over the ZR1.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I love Corvettes - have drooled over them since the age of 4 and finally bought my first one brand spankin' new at age 32 in 2002. However, this just doesn't excite me that much. I'd be far more excited if I were to see a Cobalt that was matching the Civic and Corolla in sales while exceeding them in fuel efficiency, comfort, and value. That would make me feel far more confident that I'll be able to treat myself to a new Corvette when I retire sometime around 2040.
I hear that. I really hope that what GM starts focusing on.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Couldn't GM just call it $105,000 and be done with it??
$103,300?? I mean... really....
Because the 2010 will be 105,000. Just like the G8 went from 29,995 to 31,365 iirc or something funky. Its GM...what do you expect with some of their pricing methods.

20 mpg hwy isn't bad for a car like this. I know how GM tunes their supercharged cars so with a little tuning I definitely think they are capable of 24 or 25 mpg. I'd imagine these come with the 42lb injectors...I definitely think with about 5 hours on the dyno, 8-60lb injectors, HPT, smaller pulley and a little patience, this car could go 0-60 in 3 sec

·
Premium Member
8,004 Posts
Are you racing the Consumer Reports testers?
If so, then the answer is yes.
You'll have a 5 second advantage over the ZR1.
I am just having some fun with ya....

You know you enjoy my attempt at humor. :D

Well, that is in between my more 'brillant posts' that is. haha!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts