GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
updated to reflect feedback on removing the lower latch release - I put it back in and repositioned it slightly to fit the new design

I couldn't help but come home last night after seeing the umptenth Chevrolet Traverse from behind and decided to redesign the entire rear end just to see what I could do with that boring ass ...

I raided some Equinox bits for the liftgate handle and license plate holder, lowered the rear fenders, adjusted the side rear glass, hand brushed the lower bumper, and cleaned up the tail lights by adding LTZ style treatments to match the Malibu. While the changes are not drastic, they really help punch up the rear end design and give the vehicle a clean and interesting view. :D

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Re: Chevrolet Traverse design nit picks

Can you fix the interior too? They shouldn't have put the old standard GM center stack in that, looks very bad.

*That fix looks very good, it all fits and looks like it should be there, maybe Chevy should take note. The Traverse is very popular around here, which is good, but I'm not as impressed with it as I am the Equinox.

**One thought on the hatch handle. While the old one was ugly as hell and very tacky, isn't the new one almost too high, there would need to be either an assist or a lower handle for leverage. I found the "donor" image on Google, and compared the two, and your edition is 1000x's better than the original. Nice job.

·
Premium Member
9,586 Posts

Well done... I really like these changes.

The rear end of the current Traverse looks like it's afflicted with a bit of a chromosomal abnormality:

·
Registered
4,301 Posts

That looks awesome, much better...actually seems to have made it the best-looking Lambda rear to me. Almost looks to have added a little visual width. Didn't even think about the hatch handle until 96RIV mentioned it, but the Enclave seems to have it in the same spot above the license plate as well so I suppose it wouldn't be the only one to have it up high.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts

Can you fix the interior too? They shouldn't have put the old standard GM center stack in that, looks very bad.

*That fix looks very good, it all fits and looks like it should be there, maybe Chevy should take note. The Traverse is very popular around here, which is good, but I'm not as impressed with it as I am the Equinox.

**One thought on the hatch handle. While the old one was ugly as hell and very tacky, isn't the new one almost too high, there would need to be either an assist or a lower handle for leverage. I found the "donor" image on Google, and compared the two, and your edition is 1000x's better than the original. Nice job.
It doesn't look great but I think it's the best looking interior out of all the 2006-2009 GM corporate interiors with the black-tie stereo.

·
Registered
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

thanks all for the feedback

good points on the handle - I guess it would be a little high wouldn't it! I'll go back and modify that a little but as I definitely see that now

hahaha

·
Registered
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rear hatch release is back on! I had to reposition it a little and redesign it slightly but I agree with you all on it, definitely would make it easier to use!

thanks

·
Super Moderator
21,409 Posts
I like it. Problem is, the Traverse's rear end isn't one of it's strong suits. Look at the Traverse, and look at the Enclave.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts