GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Combine the now-signature Chevrolet horizontally split grille with "fierce eye" headlamps and a rakish, coupe-like four-door roofline, and you've got the replacement for the Cobalt, coming in two years. Last week, Rick Wagoner dropped all kinds of hints about the car at General Motors' annual meeting, including the likelihood that it won't be called "Cobalt," making that car a one-generation model nameplate.
http://www.motortrend.com/future/spied_vehicles/112_0806_2011_chevrolet_compact/index.html

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
so, gm is going to build another name, yet again after one model run. Smoking dope.
Pass the pipe. We don't need to build model heritage, recognition, or anything.

Buickman is starting to make more sense to me. This is retarded marketing at best.

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
They can't afford to change the name. This is another reason they fail. Okay so the cobalt may not be the "BEST" in the segment, but this could change w/ the new car. WHY DO THEY DO THIS?

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
This is the only acceptable explanation!
Umm... My student driver experience was in an 1986 Chevy Nova Isuzu rebadge thingy. Chevy already jumped the shark with that nameplate.

Please keep Cobalt.

·
Registered
84 Posts
what a stupid FUC_ING idea! learn from the class leaders you dumb GM execs!

Honda = Civic...name been around forever and they sell millions
Toyota = Corolla, name been around forever and they sell millions
Ford = Focus name been around long enough and it sells just fine
Volkswagen = Golf/Rabbit, been around forever and sells fine

Chevrolet should keep the Cobalt name, and every year strive to make improvements in that model. And every 4 - 5 years bring out the next generation..Not larger, not heavier, but improved and re-thought........

Give the name a chance GM...quit going for the quick cash and improve an already decent car. Is it a Civic? Heck no, but a new dash, a new front & rear clip, improve the engine and you'll go a long way!

DumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumbDumb

·
Super Moderator
2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS - 6M w/LS3
4,299 Posts
You all see the that ummasked front-end spy photo? It looks like it packed it's "angry eyes" and very much looks like the current Accord.

As for the name, I agree with this board's sentiment. Keep the Cobalt name instead of spending millions upon millions of dollars getting a new name out to the public.

·
Premium Member
6,926 Posts
It appears some of us like the idea of calling it "Nova". That WOULD be cool.. As long as it looked right. The latest Nova was a huge failure for obvious reasons. It should have never been named, "Nova". But something light with some power and a cool look would be okay. Something the size of the Cobalt would be fine..

A 1970 Chevy Nova was my first car...

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
Pass the pipe. We don't need to build model heritage, recognition, or anything.

Buickman is starting to make more sense to me. This is retarded marketing at best.
I begin to think of the same thing. And maybe I begin to be crazy enough for receiving a straight jacket, of thinking of having Ghosn talking to GM again :eek:(if Roger Penske or Frank Stromach of Magna don't step up)

1 - 20 of 177 Posts