GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone else seen the sketches of this vehicle in the new motortrend? it is what GM should have done with the SSR all along....it looks way better than the current SSR. the proportions all fit well, and it actually looks like a logical vehicle! MT says they expect it in a couple of years as a big brother to the HHR and with the same powertrain as the current SSR. i think they should offer a more base model as well to get the price into the upper 20's (maybe with the I6?). the lack of the retractable roof should already bring the price down considerably. what does anyone else think of this?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Originally posted by 3eb@Jan 2 2004, 02:08 PM
has anyone else seen the sketches of this vehicle in the new motortrend?  it is what GM should have done with the SSR all along....it looks way better than the current SSR.  the proportions all fit well, and it actually looks like a logical vehicle!  MT says they expect it in a couple of years as a big brother to the HHR and with the same powertrain as the current SSR.  i think they should offer a more base model as well to get the price into the upper 20's (maybe with the I6?).  the lack of the retractable roof should already bring the price down considerably. what does anyone else think of this?
I think it should stay what it is, with maybe a few more horses. The SSR was never and should never be mass-produced. And plus it gets it styling from some of the most beautiful trucks ever made, classic GMs :)

·
Registered
830 Posts
I like it better than the original SSR, but would much rather prefer that the SSR gets more power rather than making a new vehicle.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
personally, i'd rather have the breadwagon i guess. if i wanted something fun to cruise in...the SSR would be a long ways down my list of choices. the breadwagon i could actually use everyday and haul people in and it'd be fun at the same time.

·
Registered
750 Posts
the SSR wasnt intended for mass production nor is it going to be. Besides most owners arnt buying it for the power, but because of what it is, which is....well.....look at it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts