GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
News Contributor
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the Silverado EV is in this configuration, where is the rear window and cross-member support stowed?
Not sure the frunk is (currently) large enough for them.
Sky Cloud Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
The rear seats are a 40/60 split fold FWD first, then glass and body section fold down FWD inside next, bed length is 71 inches. Doesn't look a very rigid design, wonder it it will have alignment, water leaks, stagnant water smells problems coming in the future. wonder why there is a sudden need to encroach into a rigid cabin, you just simply strapped down something a bit to long on the FWD ladder carrier frame.

Won't be very practical to use, and not fit for purpose when in rains, which means when it rains you won't have that useful ladder frame at the front of the bed to lash something to long that normally extends over the cab, making the $100,000 Silverado EV not fit for purpose?

New Silverado EV has a great range, but looks more like a bigger wimpy Honda Ridgeline, its not for me why copy Honda it's not one of the best selling trucks in the USA, Ram has gone past the Silverado in sales, the Tundra will be next when everything turns electric, GM are looking more like a legacy company that's going down slowly. Ridgeline's are not my cup of tea, still Chevy have a big place in my heart regardless.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
The rear seats are a 40/60 split fold FWD first, then glass and body section fold down FWD inside next, bed length is 71 inches. Doesn't look a very rigid design, wonder it it will have alignment, water leaks, stagnant water smells problems coming in the future. wonder why there is a sudden need to encroach into a rigid cabin, you just simply strapped down something a bit to long on the FWD ladder carrier frame.

Won't be very practical to use, and not fit for purpose when in rains, which means when it rains you won't have that useful ladder frame at the front of the bed to lash something to long that normally extends over the cab, making the $100,000 Silverado EV not fit for purpose?

New Silverado EV has a great range, but looks more like a bigger wimpy Honda Ridgeline, its not for me why copy Honda it's not one of the best selling trucks in the USA, Ram has gone past the Silverado in sales, the Tundra will be next when everything turns electric, GM are looking more like a legacy company that's going down slowly. Ridgeline's are not my cup of tea, still Chevy have a big place in my heart regardless.
This is a complaint without a purpose. Every vehicle sold in the United States, Europe, or the UK meets a national or international standard for rollover and collision protection. The Silverado EV meets those standards and no less than its competition or the ICE Silverado. As for cargo in the cabin, every ICE hatchback, minivan, pane; truck, SUV, and CUV carries its cargo either in the cabin or on the roof.

·
Registered
374 Posts
You fold the seat backs down, then remove the rear glass and it fits into a holder on the inside back panel, then you fold the entire back panel down (it includes the crossmember and a strip around where the window normally mounts).

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
....Doesn't look a very rigid design, wonder it it will have alignment, water leaks, stagnant water smells problems coming in the future. wonder why there is a sudden need to encroach into a rigid cabin, you just simply strapped down something a bit to long on the FWD ladder carrier frame.

All of your questions are answered by .... Avalanche. Why are you assuming that a new truck can't handle things a previous similar truck has already handled?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Since the GMC Hummer EV SUV/Truck is a niche vehicle, can I hope and look forward to Cadillac reviving the Escalade EXT? I’d pay six figures (or Hummer pricing) for that!
Sorry, I’m always off topic. The mid gate in the Hummer and this makes me imagine this along with the fact SUVs/Crossovers/Trucks are the new thing here to stay since cars are being canceled left and right.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Since the GMC Hummer EV SUV/Truck is a niche vehicle, can I hope and look forward to Cadillac reviving the Escalade EXT? I’d pay six figures (or Hummer pricing) for that!
Sorry, I’m always off topic. The mid gate in the Hummer and this makes me imagine this along with the fact SUVs/Crossovers/Trucks are the new thing here to stay since cars are being canceled left and right.
Considering the pricepoint it'd potentially be at, plus it not really fitting in with Cadillac's latest image, I don't think we'll see one.

But then again, as we've seen in the past with vehicles like SSR, GM does like to push out random things that don't make sense sometimes lol.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
13,805 Posts
Considering the pricepoint it'd potentially be at, plus it not really fitting in with Cadillac's latest image, I don't think we'll see one.

But then again, as we've seen in the past with vehicles like SSR, GM does like to push out random things that don't make sense sometimes lol.
Well, it works/worked with the Escalade which is/has been essentially a gussied up Suburban, so maybe they might find it in them to tweak this thing enough to turn it into a "Cadillac" :) . Ya never know but we can hope, lol ;)

·
Registered
21,707 Posts
I guess one way to look at this "truck" is it's not really a "truck"?

The Mustang Mach EV isn't really a Mustang, so is it too much to say, this really isn't a Silverado?

The Mustang really doesn't have an ultimate "need" or utility, so the Mustang evolving into the EV CUV only hurts the purist, those that want a RWD ICE Sports Car, but we can't say the same thing for the Silverado, a lot of people "need" a Silverado truck and "need" it to do Silverado truck things.

The Avalanche was nothing more than a Suburban with a modified cabin, that changed part of the interior into a pick-up bed and had a "door" of sorts in the middle, behind the 2nd row of seats (eliminating the 3rd row)

If GM had called this a Chevrolet Avalanche EV, there wouldn't be this confusion............

I have a real hard time seeing GM reimaging the Silverado as we know it, to this.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
^ Logic would say you’re correct.

Look at the original Avalanche- sold 50-60K before the recession, against what- circa 600K pickups? This has to be a ‘side model’ because without the same variation of variants, volume would drop 90%, even if it were IC.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
....Look at the original Avalanche- sold 50-60K before the recession, against what- circa 600K pickups? This has to be a ‘side model’ because without the same variation of variants, volume would drop 90%, even if it were IC.
They are showing it to have the variant of "no midgate", which would be much less Avalanche, and more Silverado. We've just seen the first two models out. We don't know the future variants that might be offered. Why assume none?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts